Chapter 31

Saylor's Pov:

It's been 2 days that i've been stuck in the hospital

It's been 2 days that i've been stuck in the hospital. I am ready to go home, sleep in my own bed, plus this hospital food sucks.

Daxton has been so sweet the entire time, always doing his best to make me comfortable and always checking in on me. He's even slept by my side. Thankfully, I think they are letting me go home today.

"Alright baby you got everything?" I look around the hospital room. "Yeah I think so."  I let out a breath. Daxton furrows his eyebrows. "You ok?" I nod. "Just relieved." He kisses my head. "Me too."

They wheel me out in a wheelchair. "I can walk just fine." I grumble. " Daxton let's out a laugh. When we get to the car I try and stand up. "Woah careful." I roll my eyes, "I know how to walk." He still helps me to the car picking me up and putting me in the passenger seat. The nurse gives me a set of rules, like no driving, stay hydrated, blah, blah, blah.

We stop on the way home for some starbucks. I feel a wide grin spread across my face. "Thought you could use some starbucks since you haven't had some in a while." Daxton says. He knows me so well.

We get on our way hone. I look out the window  I look at all the fallen leaves on the ground. I  roll down the window letting the cool air hit my face. So refreshing.

We get home and I try to get out myself. "Here let me help you." I roll my eyes. "I'm not a baby. I don't need your help." "That's what you said last time and you ended up in the hospital." I let out a laugh. Touché. He comes to my side letting helping me walk in. "Ow." I wince in pain. Daxton immediately stops. "Are you ok? What's wrong?" "Just sore that's all. Don't worry i'm okay." I can tell he's still a little nervous about this so I squeeze his hand to reassure him.

"Surprise!!" My mom yells. I take a look around the apartment. There's balloons that have filled the place with a big banner that says "Welcome Home Saylor!" There is cupcakes baked and set out on the counter. I feel my cheeks puff up resulting in a smile. My eyes start to water. "You guys did this all for me?" They nod. "We wanted to welcome you home."

We spend the next hour playing games and eating cupcakes. It starts to get pretty late and I feel my eyes getting heavier by the minute. I yawn laying my head on Daxtons shoulder as we finish up the game. Daxton kisses my head. "You tired?" I nod my head. Daxton rubs small circles on my thigh.

"Well I am going to head out so you can get some rest. You look exhausted." My mom says. I smile nodding my head. "Thank you for everything mom, I really appreciate it." "Oh sweetie I did nothing, it's Daxton you should be thanking." I look up to see Daxtons gaze on me. I send him a smile. He puts his hand on the small of my back pulling me closer. "I'm not going to leave until tommorow late afternoon so i'll stop by before I go. I'm canceling dinner so you can heal. I know it's been a long week." I smile. "Thank you for everything mom I don't know what I would do without you." "Good thing you don't have to find out." she says gathering up her things. She gives both of us a hug. "Goodnight love birds." We roll our eyes walking her out the door.

After she leaves I sit on the couch propping my feet up. I rest my head against the cushion closing my eyes. "I know you're tired but let's take your meds before you fall asleep." I groan. "Tommorow." Daxton shakes his head. "Nope." I roll my eyes. "Here's a water bottle I'll get your pills." He walks to the kitchen finding the pills in the hospital bag. He brings back 3 large pills. "Holy cow! How am I supposed to get these down me? They're huge." Daxton laughs. "Do you want me to break them in half?" "Yes please." He breaks them in half and it takes me a good 5 minutes just to swallow them but I finally do.

We ordered take out and sat on the couch watching tv. "Where's greyson?" I ask noticing the house is quiet. Daxton shrugs and I go back to laying on his shoulder. "Baby I have some good news." "Hmm?" I hum out. "I had the school officals suspend madi. They will be having a meeting to decide whether or not they should expel her." I bring my head off Daxton shoulder and feel my eyes pop out of my head.  "Y-you what?" I ask. "I had them expel madi." He says so casually. My breathing hitches. "Woah slow down. Deep breaths for me." I shake my head unable to form words. Daxton rubs circles on my hand. "What's wrong?" I calm down feeling his touch. "S-she's gonna h-hate me even more." Daxton rubs my back trying to calm me down. "And? She can hate you all she wants. Her opinion doesn't matter." I take a deep breath. "your right but what if she acts on it." "I will make sure she never steps foot near you again." I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. "This is a good thing. I promise." He's right. Not seeing madi around school will help me not be so worried. I intake one more breath before feeling my nerves calm. "I will always protect you 'Say' no matter what." He kisses my head and I lay my head back down.

We spend another hour cuddled up on the couch. I still have to take school off for another week and then reevaluate to see how i'm doing and determine whether I can go back. Daxton got approval from his coach to take some days off as well so he can watch over me. "Hey so I was thinking since we don't have school tommorow..." I say fiddling with my fingers nervously looking down. Daxton still pays attention to me but keeps his eyes on the tv. "Mmhm." He says for me to go on. "What if we go on a date and talk about you getting drafted and you know." Daxton freezes. He pauses the tv an turns his body towards me. "You sure you're up for that? I mean you just got out of the hospital and-" I cut him off and put my hand on his. "No I'm ready." I say smiling. "Ok then. Where should we go?" "You can choose i'm good with anywhere, but seafood." I say laughing. Daxton laughs too. "Ok well I know this really nice place I want to take you. It will be fun. You'll love it!" "I can't wait." I say with enthusiasm and give him a small peck.

I don't know how but I eventually ended up in Daxtons bed with his arms wrapped around my waist making me feel safe a secure. I can't tell if he's asleep or not. I nuzzle my head into his chest before placing a light kiss on his jaw. "I love you." I whisper. He smirks now I know he's not asleep. "I love you too baby." He says making me blush. He pulls me closer. I close my eyes and before I know it i'm out.

A/N: hey guy!!! I'm so so sorry for not updating. I've been so busy lately but I promise i'll get better at updating. This was a filler chapter so nothing too crazy. Comment what you want to happen in the future. And don't forget to vote! Thank you all I'm so very grateful!!