|| Ø ||

Syvis's hands shook as she tried to touch the black void and dark mist that obscured her face

Syvis's hands shook as she tried to touch the black void and dark mist that obscured her face. The mist was thick and seemed to puff out of the void that was her face with every shallow breath her lungs screamed out. Watching herself in the mirror with this curse felt terrifying and filled the pit of her stomach with dread.  

"What the hell is wrong with you!?", She snapped trying to hold mask her shaky voice. 

"Hm, whatcha mean?", the god in the form of a cat stretched while laying on Syvis's bed. 

"You stole my face just because I don't want to go on your stupid quest!", she yelled causing the god to crane their neck to the side.

"Huh, but isn't that normal? I've read and done my research on mortals and you have many stories of thrilling quests commissioned by gods?"

Syvis blinked mentally, 'Did they just read fairytales and call it research?' 

Syvis sighed with a groan, "Whatever, I'm going to go and get ready for work, Mia will be here any minute.". "Wait! Aren't you going to go on my quest to get your face back!!", Syvis simply ignored them as they continued to whine about their quest.

 ̶̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶       ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ 

As Syvis opened up shop and organized books Umis still in the form of a cat rolled around and watches Syvis trying to shake off the boredom brought on by her lack of reaction. The door chimes open as Mia cheerfully walks in, "Good morning, Miss Sy!". Syvis hides behind a pile of books, "Oh- Hi! Mia!". "I-Is something wrong? why are you hiding?" Mia asked nervously. "I- uh-just got a bad haircut, that's all!" she laughed awkwardly. While Syvis was weakly attempting to hide her face, or rather lack of one, Umis jumped on the top of the pile of books shielding Syvis. 

"Hello, smaller mortal!"

Mia looked at the "cat" terrified, "AAAA MISS SYVIS THE CAT IS POSSESSED!". Mia's scream shocked Umis causing her to lose her balance on the pile of books, she jumped off causing the rest of the books to fall revealing Syvis. Mia paled and looked like she was about to faint, "Mia! are you okay? Here, sit let me get you some tea and explain everything.", Syvis ran to get her a chair and some tea. "Here Mia, take a deep breath. It's chamomile mint, your favorite." Mia's breath steadied itself, sipped her tea, and Syvis relaxed a little. "Miss Sy, where did your face go?" Mia asked with concern. "I-" "I have it!" Umis interrupted before Syvis could finish causing her to turn and scowl at the fluff ball. "W-Why did you take Miss Sy's face?", Mia asked a little scared. "I wanted to have fun with a mortal!" Umis cheers genuinely. Mia turns to Syvis concerned, "Mia, I'm okay, I'm going to Mx. Paro's to ask them for help. You know how smart they are, I'll get my face back in no time!". Mia looks reassured and sighs, "Then I'll guard the shop while you are gone!", Mia gives Syvis a salute and she just ruffles her hair. She gets her sweater and a face covering before she walks down the familiar cobbled streets.