Chapter 7 (Jaklyns ending)

"Please don't leave me! I love you! I have loved you long before she was around. It's not fair!" She sobbed. All that confidence , all that charm gone in an instant. This was her friend.

This was Michelle. Aoki brushed Michelle's hair aside and she cried and begged, but her mind was made up.

"Michelle. You are my dearest and oldest friend. I love you more than anything"

Michelle stopped crying and looked up "but I love you exactly as that. A friend. What I feel for Jaklyn is different, it's special. I don't want to stop being your friend, but I can't be your partner. You had 15 years to do this and now? I'm sorry I really am but Jaklyn has my heart... I'm... sorry..." she said getting out of the bed, closing the bedroom door behind her only stopping to say " I'll talk to you tomorrow ok? We need to talk this out but not now not with all these emotions in the air" and with that she was gone. Grabbing her stuff to leave it pained her to have to do that but it wouldn't be fair to Jaklyn. Jaklyn! She remembered checking her phone. Although she didn't remember muting it...

Aoki quickly grabs her phone and sees around 10 messages from Jaklyn. All consisting of where she was and that she wanted to hangout because she missed her. Aoki responds to the messages vaguely, not wanting to stress or upset Jaklyn with the events that just occurred.

She gets up and cleans the house while listening to some music to get her mind off things. Lately, everything has been moving faster and quicker than what Aoki could take and so she wanted the rest of the day to just be about her and what she loved to do. Grind in some foreign gotcha game for several hours so she just let her mind breathe. It was something she could do for hours upon hours without really thinking about anything or anyone else. Although, the games would only distract her from her real life for so long. She had to face reality.

All Aoki could think about was her encounter with Michelle. She couldn't believe her longtime friend loved her. Especially loved her in a romantic way.

"Hey, is something on your mind? You've been really off....", Jaklyn speaks up. The entire time that they've been hanging out has just been Aoki staring into the distance, thinking about something so deeply.

"Oh it's nothing, don't worry. Sorry what did you say before?"Aoki quickly speaks, trying to get her mind off the topic and focus on Jaklyn.

"No, somethings wrong. First you ignored my texts, then ignored my messages the other day asking to hang out and now you're not even paying attention to your surroundings. Did I do something wrong? Tell me, I'm tired of this", it was clear Jaklyn was upset, even Aoki knew some of her actions were wrong but her mind was too fogged up to realize it.

"Im.....I'm sorry, I know that I'm being weird but I just, I don't know how to explain it", Aoki's facial expression made it easy to understand that something had happened, and it wasn't something good.
"Basically...Michelle invited me over and she...she got me dvds and made us dinner and my phone was at the door which is why I ignored your texts. And then I was full so she said I could use her bed, then she came in and just started confessing her feelings to me but I just didn't know what to do because I don't even like her like that, like the way I like you but she didn't notice or felt threatened and I-", Aoki kept talking in a panic and without realizing it, she has something she wish he hadn't said.

"Wait what? What was that last part?"Jaklyn is taken aback but with what she thinks she heard, her heart starts racing. If what she heard was right, that means Aoki also likes her back.

"I..uh..well..anyways are you not worried about what she did??" Aoki, in a panic, quickly starts to change the subject.

"Yes I understand what happened and you shouldn't worry about it if you don't like her back, you should tell her to back off but what's the last part of what you said?"Aoki is now really nervous, her mind was all over the place and to now accidentally confess and there's a chance Jaklyn heard it keeps making her scared for what might happen.

"Ok listen, I don't know how to word things properly and this isn't how I wanted to do this but-", not only is Aoki nervous, but so is Jaklyn. This is something Aoki had never done. With any crush, she would just watch the person from afar but now, she had to face a fear she always had. "I really like you. And I mean I REALLY like you. Like ever since we first started talking, I couldn't stop thinking about you and I just never want to stop talking to you. Like when we call late at night or go to hangout, those memories I have with you will never leave me and all I want is to make new memories with you. Everything about you is perfect and I know I'm rambling but with how I feel about you-".

Aoki gets suddenly cut off. She closes her eyes and is met with Jaklyns lips pressed against hers. It felt so magical to the both of them. The moment only lasted a couple of seconds but it was something they never wanted to end.

They stood there in shock. Jaklyn's actions were done on impulse and she was even shocked by them.

"Aoki, I really like you too. I know things have been moving fast but everytime i'm with you, I get so happy. Even if it's something small like calling, I love it."

They realized they had nothing to worry about. They had a mutual feeling for eachother and left with their hands intertwined and when they got back in the car, Jaklyns free hand rested upon Aoki's thigh while the late afternoon sun was shining on their face.

ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ The End ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ