Chapter 2

Jak1yn/Jaklyns pov:

Wednesday, 7:30pm

I had just got off Orchids stream. She streamed for a long time but ended early today for some reason. She started raging on stream while playing Genshin, maybe that's the reason she ended early? I don't get it but whatever. Orchid seems sweet. She has a nice laugh, it's cute when she rages.....wait what the heck am I thinking? I don't even know them like that. I mean, I'm not lying when I say that but it seems weird. Anyways, I've recently received my packages with all my equipment to stream like a mic, proper headphones and more. I think I should start streaming now, I'm too excited to wait, how about 30 minutes from now.

I walk out of my room, grabbing some water to stay hydrated and eat something as it's already dinner time and I don't want to eat during the stream. All the equipment has been already set up so all that's needed from me is to start. I grab my phone looking at time, 8:10pm.

I should start now.

I turn on my computer and after some time of hyping myself up, I click the 'start streaming' button.

Now we wait for someone.

Time passes, no one joins.

Let's just get started with the game, I'm tired of waiting.

I started the game Roblox. I decide that it's probably best to play a game that can be interactive. After taking a lot of time to pick a game, I chose 'The Mimic'. A horror multiplayer game.

Maybe if I play something that's multiplayer, people will join?

Orchid: hey.

AHHHH OMG SOMEONE JOINED!!! Wait... that username looks familiar....OH IT'S THAT ART PERSON!!

"Hey! How are you? I'm playing some roblox, do you want to join?", hopefully she will say yes!!!

Orchid: sure.

I start freaking out.

Does anyone want to play a game with me? And the fact I have a viewer in such a short amount of time? This is crazy!

I add her on roblox and get started on the game. Just as I guessed, my stream racks up some viewers, around 5, then 10, then finally 15. 15 viewers on the first stream. More people ask to join which starts a whole community of players. The surprise I felt when people actually wanted to watch my stream AND play with me. It was too much for me.

Orchid: come here, the mimic girl is over there so stay here next to me and you'll be safe.

.....I know it's nothing crazy but why'd it sound so weird. Like they want me to be protected.... STOP OVERTHINKING IT, they just don't want me to die, that's all.

I make my way over to them and just follow them. We get to the first maze after some story line. We decide that it's best to split into pairs as there's 4 players in the game as we would be able to cover more of the maze.

3rd person pov:
Perpington: how about Rats and I go on the right and look for the door while you two go to the left and find the key?

Everyone agrees with the plan because it's straightforward and everyone has an objective.

DivorcedRats: if I die, I'm blaming you

Perpington: yea yea sure let's just go

The two players head off with Perpington in the lead as Rats is a scaredy-cat and is afraid of horror games.

Orchid and Jak1yn are still at the front complaining about who should go first. They are both equally scared but Orchid decides to take one for the team and go first.

Orchid: ok we can't just be standing here while the others are risking their lives to find the exit, how about........how about I go first BUT if I die, you go first the next time and we will just go like that okay?"

Jak1yn: fine, let's go, she seems really excited knowing the orchid would take the fall for the first death and she wouldn't have to deal with it.

DivorcedRats: YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE A BRAVE WOMAN, WHY AM I IN FRONT?

Perpington: BECAUSE I'M SCARED TOO, THE LADY IS LIKE 8FT.

The chat is full of messages of the two players yelling at each other but one of the messages catches Orchid and Jak1yn's eye. Did they just say 8ft? How tall was this scary lady? Well soon enough, they were just about to find out. The lady came around the corner with her head twitching, she was wearing a long white dress, mid length black hair, with a large black hat, her face looked like plastic, rosy cheeks and an awkward smile with a really pale face. It was enough to freak the two of them out and they ran away but Orchid gets killed which separates the two. This leaves the streaming Jak1yn alone freaking out while Orchid takes the initiative to find her.

After many deaths and Rats yelling, they make it out of the maze, complete chapter one and the stream ends.

Jak1yn/Jaklyns pov:
This is the best day ever. My chat was literally going crazy, tons of people were chatting AND I was able to play with some viewers. Though the thing that's been on my mind is how Orchid kept trying to save me from the monster over and over again. Every single time they were in front blocking me so that if she came, they would die first. I mean the other two didn't so why would they? Shouldn't they be protecting themselves? Kind of confusing but it's whatever I guess. I can't wait till tomorrow to do it all over again.....

especially with Orchid.