Possessive Vaayadi

Start from the beginning

She called him but didn’t get any response. She held his shoulders and shook him. He came out if his trance and “ You look beautiful,” slipped out from his mouth automatically.

Shivya felt her cheeks heating up as blood rose to her cheeks. Maaran has never been open and this comment just caught her off guard.

She was indeed beautiful. Maaran knew she was going to wear a saree but didn’t really think about it.  His heartbeat rose as he saw her. His heart just exploded. He really meant those words and he couldn’t keep them to himself.

They both looked at the host of the party as he starting speaking, to calm the sweet tension between them. They stole glances.
One was seeing when one wasn’t.

He took a water  bottle as he saw Shivya asking for a water bottle. “Ma, intha.” She looked at him thank fully and drank the water. They were just talking casually  for sometime.

~~~

“Maaran,” came a feminine voice. Shivya turned to look and her eyes followed her as she hugged Maraan. Shivya’s jaw dropped. She soon composed and looked them. She scoffed as she saw them still hugging. Shivya glared at Maaran and he gulped seeing her. Finally they broke the hug and that woman looked at Shivya.

“Ah Shivya, this is Madumita. One of our business partners,” Maaran introduced her to Shivya. Shivya looked at her and smiled at her saying “Hello pleased to meet you. I’m Shivya, Mr. Maaran’s personal secretary.” Madumita recriprocated the smile and started talking with Maaran. Shivya was listening to their talk. She didn’t fail to notice the way Madumita laughed and hit his shoulders and kept holding his hand.

Shivya wanted to just push her hand away from his hold. She cleared her throat to gain attention. She banged the glass of water she was holding on the table to that she would gain his attention.

~~~
Maaran was surprised to see Madumita here. They have met few times but thought her father would come. Before his life  went upside down for him, Madumita’s family approached him with a marriage proposal. He was given time but  was still  firm in no marriage at that so  time decided to tell the parents. That never happened as he lost his family. That was dropped and even Madumita’s side didn’t ask him about this.  Madumita was friendly with him but he has noticed her attitude. She doesn’t respect everyone equally and she is always full of her.

He took a deep breath unable to hold the conversation between them where she keeps bragging about her luxurious life and her new car selections. Maaran was the least interested. He looked around and saw Shivya rolling her eyes and scoffing. His eyes locked with Shivya’s eyes. She walked towards them  unable to see this“Sir it’s important,” but she was cut off by Madumita. “PA you take care. We met after so long so don’t disturb us. We don’t hang out with you people,” she said sarcastically. 

Shivya kind of guessed that her behavior would be like this.  Sometimes we are correct when we see a person’s eye and we guess about their character. A strong gut feeling.

But it still hurt her.

The strong gut feeling first arose when she met Maaran’s eye. Though they didn’t have a friendly meet up the first time, she didn’t get any weird, attitude vibes from him.

Shivya’s face fell as soon as she heard Madumita saying “ So Maaran, I know this talk was done long time ago and I didn’t want to bring it up after all you have gone through. But I wanted ask you again about our marriage proposal. Namma marriage preprations ninda poyirrchi…” Shivya didn’t want to hear anymore and she left from there.

She couldn’t accept this. Suddenly she had a fear of loosing him. She took a deep  breath and tried to relax. Her mind went back to the day she talked with Sathya. She was still confused.

~~~

Maaran only looked at Shivya when Madumita spoke like that. When he saw the hurt in her eyes he couldn’t think of anything else other than her. When she left Maaran cut Madumita off “ Nee mothalla olungha pesa kathuko. Everybody is equal. Shivya more than my PA She is my friend. A friend I trust the most.” He left from their and to search for Shivya.

~~~

Shivya felt a tap on her shoulder that broke her chain of thoughts. She met those familiar dark orbs, those never fail in giving her the ‘kulu kulu’ feeling. “ Ma enna ma nee ingha vantha ta,” she realized the concern in his voice. She guessed that he might know that she was hurt about how Madumita spoke. That was kind of true but what was in her head was her feelings for him.

To ease the situation she teasingly said “Ada ponga Mr. Maaran antha unga girlfriend vantha irukaanghale. Ponga enna gavanikkave illa. Ponga.”

He bought his face which made her breath to hitch. “Yaaro possessive aaguraangha pole ye?” he asked raising his eyebrows. Shivya's eyes widened at his statement.

“Yaaru nana? Naan eduthukha aahnum,” she asked trying to look somewhere. “Na nee na sollave illaye.” Shivya tried to look everywhere other than him. But she composed herself and became the rowdy her saying “ Pinna neengha yen kitta pesikitta irutheengha. Thidirnu Maaran,” she imitated Madumita, “sollikitta vantha kaiya pudichi, kattipudhichikitte,” she huffed.

Maaran was shocked at her openly saying it. He felt happy. He smiled at her. “ Nee yethunala ma possessive aagura?” “Pinna neengha,” she almost blabbered but composed and said “friend’uh.” They both broke into a laughter.

Shivya wanted to ask this as she couldn’t handle it anymore. “ Maaran’ey,” she poked his shoulder. “Yes or no, solliteengala?” Maaran’s eyebrow scrunched, clearly showing that he is confused. “Athaan marriage. Neengha avanghalla kalyanam pannika poreengala,” her voice lowered everytime she a word came out.

Maaran couldn’t accept Madumita back then or even now. He never felt anything. Nowadays his mind and heart is only filled with one person-Shivya. He is confused but didn’t think about their bond but he knows it is a special bond.
“Illa ma. Naan avala appaye reject pannitean. Reply sollalaamna poneana athukulla,” he took a deep  breath and said "family,” his voice choked.

Shivya understood it and didn’t want to take it any further. She held is shoulders and rubbed his back to calm him. To ease the situation she said “ Ada Maaran’ey va dance aadallam.”
She dragged him to the dance floor.

Though the conversation ended up being serious she was happy deep down that Maaran didn’t accept the marriage proposal.

Heyyooo guyss
Do comment about the chapter 
I'm trying best to write. Still taking time to get back in track but I shall get back soon.
Pls do ignore typos and errors.
It's a fictional story 

Happy Christmas Eve✨

Stay Safe!!