Chapter 19 : Maybe Prom

After Niall and I went to Mako, he pulled me out of the pool. "This island is actually pretty cool," he smiled.

"Yeah," I said drying myself off.

"Jess? Do you need any help?" Niall asked sweetly, seeing I was in slight distress.

I giggled, "Maybe just a little." After a few minutes of drying off I finally had legs again.

"What exactly are we doing here?" Niall asked.

I thought out my response carefully. "Well, my prom is coming up and I was wondering if you wanted to go with me." I was pretty sure Niall would say yes but, I just wanted to make sure.

Niall thought a moment, "Of course! I would love to go with you Jessica."

I felt really happy inside. "Oh Ni," I said hugging him, "Thank you!"

Niall smiled as he whispered in my ear, "We should practice dancing." We waltzed to no music around the moon pool into the night.

~~~~~~

The next day Taylor knocked on my door. "Jessica, long time no see. I miss you." I let her in and we sat on the couch.

"Yeah. Sorry," I replied, "But, you know I've been caught up with Niall and Mako--"

Taylor interuppted me, smiling, "Its okay, we just need to hang out more. I mean we're best friends, we shouldn't let an island or boy keep us from hanging out."

"Okay," I laughed, "Will a swim help make it up?"

"Oh Jess, you know me so well." Taylor smiled as we left my house to go swimming.