Chapter 13

"Oh hey you disappeared quite a while ago," Natasha said as she came into the room about an hour later "I was wondering where you-" she continued but I cut her off "Tony tried to kiss me," I said quickly putting my book down.

"He what" she yelled jumping on the bed next to me. I laid down on my stomach and rested my head on my hands "yeah something happened and we ended up leaving for a bit we were just talking when he suddenly started leaning in" I explained as she listened attentively. 

"Did you kiss him back?" she asked and I gave her a 'I know you didn't just ask me that' look "what do you think," I said "I just pushed him back and said goodnight and then came back here" I added and she frowned "well to be fair it is Tony Stark he's a womanizer," she said.

His reputation was made apparent to me practically by the first week. Women came and left like it was a weekly subscription. 

I simply nodded letting her words sink in "yeah but it seemed different," I said "do you want it to be different?" she asked and I shook my head, easier to deny than admit. I didn't exactly know what having feelings for someone was like so I trusted Nat's opinion.

"I just want to protect you, I've known him for a while now and I know you as well" she explained "I don't want to shoot you down straight away but I care a lot about you and I don't want to see you hurt" she added "I know but he actually seemed genuine it was odd," I said.

"So if he did seem genuine why didn't you kiss back?" she asked and I sighed "you're right it's better to stay away than have something turn messy," I said as I got up to hug her. "Thank you, Nat, for everything it really means a lot" I whispered.

"Don't mention it" she whispered back. "Now  go change and tell me how your night was before I fall asleep," I said pushing her into the bathroom. "Back in a sec," she said.

I placed my book back on the nightstand before closing my eyes for a moment  I replayed the scenario in the hall. 'It's not going to be worth it' I kept repeating in my head 'better to stay away than get hurt' I thought as Nat walked back out changed. 

I sat up again ready to listen to my best friend.

⧗⧗⧗

Awh 😱

Awh 😱