Chapter 7

I limped back to the helicarrier and nearly said a prayer when it came into view. Steve spotted me straight away and ran over to help me into the helicarrier. "I thought you said you were fine," Steve said noticing my state. 

"Uh surprise," I said, "I think it's just dislocated" I added motioning towards my ankle and he nodded I sat up on one of the seats as Steve bent down to relocate my ankle. I shut my eyes as he popped it back into place "you ok?" he asked.

I nodded glad it was over and slowly started walking around trying to get used to it again, probably not the best idea but injuries like this were common when I was younger I broke my first rib at 11, this didn't faze me but the pain was still there.

"Were you on your own?" Steve asked and just then Tony walked in, perfect timing "scepter's secured," he said, "no actually Tony was there but he didn't want to help because of our little fight" I lied. 

"Tony is this true" Steve asked and I smirked at Tony "what no I offered to help but she said she would slap me if I came near her" Tony defended. "Why would I deny help," I said crossing my arms. 

Steve walked back over to me with a cotton pad soaked with hydrogen peroxide. He gently disinfected the cut on my face and then moved on to the one on my hand. He placed a plaster on each cut. "Thank you" I smiled gratefully. Perfect timing again.

"Tony we've talked about this before you can't let your stubbornness come in the way this is people's lives that we are risking" Steve ranted as I nodded along. Tony just stared astonished. 

"Hey, you ok?" Natasha asked, she was the last to get on the helicarrier. "Yeah actually much better now" I smiled at her and then in Tony's direction sending him a wink which he scoffed at.

The ride back was filled with casual conversation. Tony was sulking in a corner and I knew I should've considered this a win but I simply couldn't.

The sinking feeling in my stomach remained and I knew the conversation from earlier would stick with me for a while.

I stared around the small space and started thinking how many people really did think I was a 'Natasha copy cat' I shook the thought off as the helicarrier landed and Natasha immediately dragged me back to our room.

⧗⧗⧗

Damn 🙂

Damn 🙂