Apology Accepted

i didn't even have to drag myself out of bed this morning when bombay came to wake me up. i didn't sleep at all, i wasn't tired though. i got dressed, then aspen and i ate. charlie got dropped off an hour after that, we all sat, no one said anything. bombay called the school to get the team to come over his house. they all came together, except for cameron. when they got here aspen and i were sitting at the table, none of us said a word. adam already knew, so had charlie.

"hey, scar." connie and julie came up to give aspen and i hugs. the team was a little distant from adam, and he stayed awfully close to me for awhile, but i didn't complain. bombay sat us down in the living room. aspen, charlie, and i on the couch, connie and guy sharing the chair, and everyone else on the floor. he explained what had happened, but i didn't listen.

i didn't have to. i zoned out. i didn't need to hear the heartbreaking news again. i had already heard it once, that was enough. although i wasn't listening, i still heard bombay's voice echoing through my head. aspens hand wrapped itself around mine, and i put my head on charlie's shoulder. the room went silent and i looked around, all i saw was watery eyes, and open mouths.

after awhile of sitting there in silence bombay and jan, who had come over not long ago, walked into the kitchen. i could only assume they were planning a memorial, or funeral. no one said anything, we all just sat there.

"surprised you came." charlie's harsh voice broke the silence. i was confused and looked over, he was talking to adam. "of course i came, why wouldn't i?" the boy sounded offended. "nothing, i just thought you would be with all your preppy friends right now." charlie shrugged not looking away from adam. "they're not my frien-"

"can you two be civil for once? we're not here for you two to fight, so get your heads out of your asses and separate yourselves if you have to. i don't give a shit. no one wants to listen to this!"
i huffed cutting the two off. the both looked at me and then looked down at the floor. "sorry." they both mumbled and i sighed.

it went back to being quiet and we all sat there. it felt like hours. there was nothing to do. and no one could even say anything without charlie and adam breaking out into a fight.

-

after awhile everyone started leaving one by one. now it was just adam, and charlie left. aspen and i were going to stay here until the funeral, which is in two days. "charlie." i mumbled sitting next to him. adam was talking to bombay in the living room with aspen.

"what?" he spat looking up at me tiredly.

"listen, is it that difficult for you to put aside everything and be civil? i just came over to talk." i sighed. i really missed talking to him, but we're both way too stubborn to apologize.

"everything has just been so hard lately." he dragged his fingers through his hair, making it all messy.

"and i get that, but things sucked for me too."
i almost laughed. "the team refused to listen to me, the whole adam situation, varsity always on my ass, and i couldn't even talk to you about it. you acted like a child and made things worse for me." i rambled and the look of guilt spread over his face.

"i didn't even think of it like that. i was just so worried about my captain spot, i didn't even know." he started slowly and i gave him a sad smile.

"i know, you've always been selfish like that." i joked. which was a big risk, knowing at any moment he could snap. although he had no reason to, i figured he still would've. i felt relieved when he just gave a small chuckle.

"i guess that's something we have in common then, huh?" he joked back and i felt like we were finally on good terms. "so, we're all good now?" he questioned.

"when you apologize." i smirked knowing he'd never. "i'll apologize when you apologize." he countered back."so never then?" i raised my eyebrows. "guess so." he shrugged with a small smile.

"i think you should make up with adam. it's been hard for him too, y'know?" i nodded tauntingly when he started grumbling something. "yeah, yeah, i know." he huffed. "well, go ahead. he's not busy." i smiled innocently. "i-i think tomorrow would be better-"

"adam, come here!" i yelled into the other room. adam walked into the kitchen slowly, looking back and forth between charlie and i. "yeah?" he questioned giving a confused look to me. "charlie has something to say." i looked to the brunette who was glaring at me.

"i'm sorry." he mumbled, but it was barley audible. "what?" both adam and i spoke at the same time. i knew what charlie said, but i wanted to rub it in, but adam definitely had not heard. "i'm sorry, okay? i didn't consider everyone else's feelings, and i'm a big jerk." he crossed his arms stubbornly.

"aw, that was so nicely worded." i put a hand on my heart jokingly. "you're not wrong." adam agreed. "yeah, considering it was a part of my apology to charlie." i laughed getting up from the seat. "it was good enough." charlie pouted, slumping down in his chair. "apology accepted, then." adam smirked, looking at the boy who could be mistaken for a three year old right now. "you're not gonna apologize too?" charlie gaped at adam.

"why should i?" he shrugged and charlie whined. "you guys suck. i'm calling my mom." he stomped over to the phone while adam and i laughed.

"thanks for coming. i'll see you soon?" i asked looking at the boy. "of course. if you need anything, call." he nodded while i smiled. he held his arms out for a hug with raised eyebrows. i hugged him tightly and a smile made its way onto my face. "see ya, banks."

"see ya, anderson."

-
happy holidays!
decided to post this in time for the holidays
hope you guys have a good day!