Moving On

"Charlie." I said flatly sitting across from him at the table in the cafeteria. "What?" He spat and I bit my tongue. "I know your mad at me, for some pathetic reason..." I trailed off and watched him clench his fists, which brought a small smirk to my face. "And I'm mad at you, because you're a bitch." I explained cockily and I could tell he was getting impatient.

"But, I'm obviously more mad at those rich douche bags. So, I've come up with a brilliant plan." I finished talking, lifting my head proudly and he looked at me amused. "I've already got a plan, thanks though." He nodded and went back to eating. "Okay, then. What's your plan?" I questioned knowing his plan is no where as good as mine.

"Mess with them during the school meeting in the amphitheater, later today." He shrugged rather proudly and I raised my eyebrows. "Where the Dean will be watching? And Rick's dad sitting at the board table? With Coach Orion and the varsity coach watching you?" As I went on his face dropped. "Yeah, real smart." I laughed dryly.

"Guess you didn't think that one through that much. You'd think you'd still have your spot on the team after that?" I chuckled and shook my head. "You're gonna listen to my plan now." I insisted and he sighed, but still listened.

-

"Okay, maybe your idea is a little better." Charlie mumbled and I sighed. "Only a little? Whatever helps you sleep at night." I said and he rolled his eyes. "Aspen and I already figured where to get everything. All you have to do is help us pull it off with the help of the rest of the team. "Fine. I didn't even wanna know how you came up with that, or where you figured out how to get everything this fast."

"That's what me and Aspen do. You know about all our pranks. Besides, I wasn't gonna tell you anyway. JAMP never reveals their secrets." I crossed my arms looking around the room. I made eye contact with Adam and he smiled a bit. I almost glared back due to the fact he was sitting with those assholes, and the jack hung around his back. But, I remembered we're not in a bad place.

I returned the little smile and turned back to Charlie after he spoke up. "What? I zoned out." I shook my head and he rolled his eyes. "Do you not get headaches from how much you roll your eyes? Because if you don't that's kind of impressive."

"Ha-ha, very funny. And I was asking what JAMP is? I don't even know if I wanna know anymore." He looked at me unsure and I sighed. "JAMP stands for: Johnson's and Anderson's Marvelous Pranks."

"That's absolutely ridiculous." He laughed at the name and I kicked his shin under the table. "Ow! What the fuck?" He whisper-shouted and I glared at him. "Don't ever talk about JAMP like that. It's a great name. Seven year old Aspen and Scarlett would be every pissed at you for saying that." I huffed remember the exact day we made that name up. "Good to know." Charlie said.

"You're anti-sports chick is coming over, Charlie. Might wanna make yourself look presentable." I said jokingly and he turned to glare at me. "I mean, if you can." I shrugged and he huffed before trying to fix his hair, which made me hold in a laugh.

I sat there for a little bit, though it was very uncomfortable. Trying to watch Charlie flirt made me want to gouge my eyes out, I reminded myself to let him know later. It also pissed me off, it seemed as if Charlie has completely forgotten about Aspen. I looked over and saw her glaring at Linda and that's when I decided to get up and finally zone back into the conversation.

"So, do you wanna hang out later?" She smiled at Charlie and he started to speak before I cut him off. "He can't, the team has plans. Lots of sports plans." I nodded and Charlie gave me a look. "Oh. Well, it's okay. We can hang out tomorro-"

"We've got practice tomorrow, sorry." I shrugged acting upset and she just sighed. "Okay, see ya later, Charlie." She waved a little before walking away. "What the hell?!" He exclaimed looking over to me. "I mean, I wasn't lying. And you might wanna talk to Aspen." I shrugged and nodded over to the red-head who was picking at her food.

"I'll do it later." He sighed and waved his hand at me making me raise my eyebrows. "Now I know why you guys didn't last." I sighed knowing what I was about to say was going to piss him off. But I needed to help Aspen. "What?" He looked at me confused.

"You can't just push her away and say you'll deal with her later like she's s pile of dirty clothes. You guys have been through a lot together, you have a lot of potential. Go fix it. Before you fuck it up even worse, or she finds someone else. I'm sick of you treating her and your relationship like that." I scoffed and picked up my bags. "Maybe you should listen to yourself." He spoke up after staying silent.

"Huh?" I turned around to look at him. "Take your own advice for you and Banks. I may be pissed at the both of you, but you're good together." He shrugged and I turned around and walked away while thinking to myself.

"Hey." I let out a breath while sitting next to Aspen. "What a dick." She was scribbling her pencil forcefully onto a piece of paper. "What are you doing?" I asked carefully peaking over to see what was on the paper. "Moving on." She sighed and finally out the pencil down.

She handed me the paper and from what I couch read it was a letter to Charlie. It was from Aspen, i could tell that handwriting from anywhere. "Is this a letter?" I asked and she nodded. "It's a letter I never got to mail to Charlie before I came here." She explained.

I looked at the bottom and it said 'happy three years of being on and off!'

But it was all scribbled out and so was the rest of the letter. In sentences that said 'i love you' the work 'love' would be scribble out and replaced with 'hate'. "Oh, wow." I breathed out observing all the scribbles. "I know, it's awesome. All I have to do is rip it and I'll be done." She tried to take the paper from me but I stopped her.

I know Aspen, once she has an idea there's so stopping her. She's dead set on it. "If you're gonna rip it take it to the dorm, you don't wanna be cleaning up a mess in the middle of the cafeteria." I handed her the paper and she jumped up excitedly and took her bags.

"To moving on!" She beamed and I nodded realizing that she's right. Maybe I just need to move on from everything. "To moving on." I repeated and laughed watching her get all excited. "Don't be late to practice, you've got thirty minutes." I told her before she nodded and walked as fast as she could out of the room.

"Watcha doing?" Cameron smiled and sat in front of me. "Trying to get rid of my pounding headache before I have to deal with Charlie and half a team who doesn't wanna listen to me before practice." I laughed rubbing my temples and he chucked a little.

"Ready for the plan?" He asked and I nodded. "More than ever." I said excitedly and he agreed. "I gotta set up for practice. You coming?" I questioned standing up and grabbing my bags. "Nah, I'm gonna stay back. I'll see you there, Captain." He winked and I shook my head. "See ya, cam." I laughed and walked away.

"God, he's so hot." I mumbled to myself before waking into the rink.

Well, there goes moving on.

-
im going through and editing the chapters where I made spelling mistakes and stuff like that. i usually write at night when im kinda tired, so i realized i make a lot of spelling errors, ive only managed to catch a couple of them. So, im gonna go back and fix them!

-kayla :)