【17】

The sunrays peeking from the window directly hit my face, waking me up in the process

The sunrays peeking from the window directly hit my face, waking me up in the process. Stretching myself, I looked around the room.

It was Saturday, a weekend which means no going to school, no boring lectures, no pestering classmates and especially no bloodthirsty vampires for whole two days.

Finally, I can lead a stress free day without having to worry about my life being sucked out.

Freshening up, I went into the kitchen to grab some cereals and milk for breakfast. Don't judge me; I am not in the mood to cook something early in the morning that too on a holiday, that's why cereals is for the win.

They don't require much effort and are healthy too, also one of the reasons why I was able to attend university on time without starving.

Munching on the food, I thought about everything that has happened to me till now. Firstly, I died no wait thats a little incorrect, I was murdered by god knows who.

Secondly, I got reincarnated into the body of an unknown person in Diabolik lovers and lastly, I almost had a run on with the brothers and had a nasty nightmare which I dont think I would ever get over. To add on, I also nearly exposed myself in front of my teacher and fainted in class.

What a horrifying experience and to think that all of this happened only in the span of three days is just plain absurd. I dont want to imagine what the future has in store for me, that is if I have one. It would be no less of a miracle, if I manage to get through the whole week without attracting any sort of trouble.

Finishing up my cereal, I decided to search the apartment once again, in hopes of finding something useful regarding this Irina girl.

Doesn't matter if it is small or big, as long as I find something related to the girl, I would be able to find the real reason behind my reincarnation and also who knows it might even help in the bigger picture of surviving in this world and possibly getting out of it too.

After three hours of searching every nook and crook of the house, I collapsed on the couch defeated

After three hours of searching every nook and crook of the house, I collapsed on the couch defeated. My efforts had been rendered fruitless as I found nothing of great importance, it was as if the whole house had been designed and decorated on the day I arrived.

The only thing I found relatively valuable would be the letter I received when I first arrived here, but it is not of much use since it does not contain the name or address of the sender.

As I was about to toss the letter across the room, I immediately stopped when I noticed something on the envelope which it came in.

Bringing it closer for inspection, my eyes widened and soon enough a big smile was present on my face as I finally discovered some sort of light in this dark tunnel.

At the bottom of the envelope in small letters was the address of the post office which delivered it, and also my next destination for clues.

With one hand holding the envelope, while the other holding a phone with google maps open on it, I walked down the street trying to navigate my way towards that damn post office

The place was quite far from home, my legs were on the verge of breaking down after walking for this long in the afternoon sun. It would have been easier to take the car but I didnt since I did not want to arouse suspicion and who knows if that driver is really trustworthy, what if he reports to Irina's family, can't really tell.

Finally arriving at the post office, I quickly entered it and went straight to the frontdesk. Grabbing the attention of the person sitting there, I placed the letter on desk for them to see.

"Excuse me, can you help me find the person who sent this letter?"

An old man who seemed to be in his late 50s took the letter from me and started observing it.

"When was this letter delivered to you?"

"Three days ago"

Nodding in acknowledgement, the man went back to his computer, searching for something. After some time, he finally looked up.

"I am sorry Maam but I dont think we would be able to help you with your request."

"Huh?! Why?!"

"Well if it was a normal letter then we could have helped you but that is not the case with this one. The sender profusely requested for their identity not to be revealed, so we cannot assist you in this matter. The only way to find out would be by a police verdict."

I was beyond shocked. I was so excited on finally finding a clue, that I never thought of such a possibility taking place. Sighing in disappointment, I left the post office bummed out after taking the letter and thanking the man for his time.

Walking through the street, I started contemplating on what I should do now, seeing that the only clue I had on Irina turned out to be nothing but futile. I was so engrossed in my thoughts, that I did not take notice of where I was going and ended up taking the wrong path.

As I was about to head back, I instant stopped on my tracks when I heard a voice call out for me.

"Hello little lady, would you like to know your fortune?"

Just a foot away, in a red coloured small tent, sat an old lady wearing some kind of weird necklaces and rings. There was also a crystal ball on a small round table in front of her and a sign board with 'FORTUNE TELLER' written on it, beside the tent.

Knowing that this nothing but a hoax, I tried to ignore her and leave but was stopped when she suddenly grabbed my wrist out of nowhere.

"Hey!! What a-ar- "

"Beware."

"Huh?"

Looking straight into my eyes, she replied in a warning tone as a stern look was present on her face.

"Beware of the red eyes that follow you around."