Chapter 19

The pair of blue eyes looked away, avoiding her gaze. Brianna felt a pair of hands on her shoulders, pushing her outside. Quickly, everyone was heading outside but Brianna could not help but remember those blue eyes.

How could her relationship with someone she had been with all of the time become so distant and cold? She had put an end to the relationship and she knew she made the right choice but why did her heart ache every time she saw him?

She must not think of him, or else she would spiral back into a hurricane of regret, guilt and pain. She already went through it once and she was not going back there again. No matter how hard it would be, she was certain that she would get through it and Terry would help her.

He was the remedy to her shattered heart.

Suddenly her friends ran away, giggling as they hid back into the room. Brianna frowned wondering what was happening when a pair of hands covered her brown eyes. The smell of salt from the waves filled her nose as she smiled.

"Terry!" she exclaimed.

"Brianna!" he laughed, mimicking her enthusiasm.

He held out his hand for her to hold and they headed to a place she had never been to - or even noticed - and she was surprised to not see anyone around. There were two surfboards laying on the sand.

"Are we surfing?" she turned to him.

"Yes, I didn't want to have a typical, cliche first date and I figured that we could have fun!" he smiled. "I hope you don't mind."

"Of course not! This is amazing, let me just change and we can meet back here in a couple of minutes."

~

As she hurried to the changing rooms, she looked around, expecting to see one of the girls show up or sneak in to spy on the date but the surroundings were surprisingly quiet - something she enjoyed. She traded her cute, summer outfit for a navy blue wetsuit.

When she headed out, she found Terry in a similar wetsuit, waiting for her. The sun illuminated his brown hair as he faced her. It was still morning and the breeze brushed her hair as her feet met the warm sand.

"Last one fully in the water is a chicken!" Brianna called, sprinting.

"A chicken?!" Terry frowned, hurrying behind her.

"I don't know! Do you want to be a chicken?"

"Be careful or I might win!"

"As if you could!"

Suddenly her feet touched the cold water. She felt her body shiver but she continued running when she felt Terry beside her. He smirked as he passed in front of her but she grabbed his arm, making the both of them fall.

She tried taking advantage of the fall to swim but Terry grabbed her ankle pulling her back. She attempted to let go of his grip by kicking her foot but after a minute, she gave up.

"Fine, you win," she laughed.

"I told you!" he grinned. "Should we go surfing?"

"YES!"

~

After an hour of surfing - mostly falling before reaching the shore - and a lot of laughing, they finally abandoned their boards and layed down in the sand. Brianna tilted her head to the side, facing Terry.

"Thank you," she whispered.

"For what?" he replied.

"For this amazing, perfect, incredible, fabulous first date!"