Chapter 14

"Girls night!" Jasmine giggled. "I have so much tea to spill!"

Like every evening, there was a fire and games night on the beach but Jasmine, with the help of Lei, had been investigating Rowland for Brianna and Kaiden for Maverick. It had already been a couple of days since Brianna's date and the officialdom of their relationship and she dreaded that moment. Everything had been perfect with romantic dates every day and he remained respectful at all times.

Ever since she began dating Rowland, she barely saw Terry. From time to time, she found him by the ocean very late at night and they would talk for hours with no end. She was surprised to discover a very silly and hilarious side of him.

It must have been two a.m., the sun was already down. The navy blue sky was filled with stars, illuminating the ocean as waves crashed against the shore.

Brianna rested her head on Terry's shoulder when he jumped up and grabbed her hand, pulling her to the shore. She let out a short scream of surprise but followed him, a smile drawn on her face. When her feet touched the freezing water, she tried pulling away but Terry's grip was too strong and he kept pulling her.

"Terry, stop!" she laughed.

He paused for a second before letting go of her hand. As she turned away, the water reaching her calves, she felt a splash of cold water hit her back. She turned around and saw Terry, smirking.

"Terry!" she warned him.

He began sprinting, water splashing everywhere, as Brianna hurried behind him. Her clothes - the usual shorts and t-shirt - were dripping in water and after every move, they only became heavier but she did not give up and kept running.

She finally managed to catch up and threw water at his back. He turned around and grabbed her, carrying her on his shoulder as she yelled. This time he did not let go and when the water reached his torso, he gently dropped Brianna.

"You look like a wet dog," she joked.

"You don't look any better, let me reassure you," he winked.

"It's only because of you though!"

"Well, I'll happily take the blame then."

"Terry?"

"Yeah?"

"Thanks."

"For what?"

"For being such a great friend to me. I'm not joking, I don't know many people who would want to hang out with me this late."

"Of course," he smiled.

For a second, his eyes looked away but he quickly traded his sad look for a large smile.

"It's great to have a - friend - like you too, Bri," he smirked. "We should probably head back."

"Did you give up on Terry then?" Cassandra wondered.

"We're friends and he is really sweet but I'm dating Rowland now," Brianna replied. "I've been cheated on and it's not a feeling I want to cause to someone else."

"Right. Gosh, you're such an honest person."

"Thank you?"

"I didn't mean for it to come out as negative. It's a good thing."

An awkward silence began to form as Brianna looked away. When they heard a knock on the door, they all sprinted to the door with a sigh of relief. A familiar brown-eyed boy smiled at the sight of his friends.