- Chapter 6: Rip them apart! -

- Anna's Pov -

- Anna's Pov -

I wake up hearing someone whimpering and sobbing next to me. I jump up, ready to attack whoever is in my home, but i freeze when i see Emily curled up in a ball. She is sweating and whimpering with her arms wrapped around her knees. I also see Sam and the pack scattered across my living room floor fast asleep. Waking them up is out of the equation because i need to make sure Emily is comfortable first. I quickly but carefully pick her up and carry her up to my room where i lay her down on my bed. Then i place my hand on her forhead to check her temperature only to instantly pull my hand back with a hiss. She has a very high fever that is definitely too high for a human, and i know her change is happening. I run downstairs and grab as many ice packs as i can, then go back to my bedroom. I put one ice pack on her forehead and put three each side of her body, making they touch her skin as much as they could. I kiss her cheek as tears gather in my eyes, seeing her in pain because this is not how i wanted our first day to go. I hear her whimpering and sobbing calm down, so before anything escalates, i quickly get changed (above), not wanting to be away from her for too long. I walk back into my room just as she whimpers loudly, and i know she needs Sam, too. After all, he is her other imprint.

I should have woke him up when i got the ice pack. Why am i so stupid. I kneel next to the bed and run my fingers through her hair just as she starts sobbing again. I scream for Sam, hoping he can hear the ugancy in my voice, and in no time, i hear multiple bangs and growls. It didn't take long for me to hear hurried footsteps coming up the stairs and towards my room. Soon enough, the pack and Sam come bursting through the bedroom door, almost taking it off its hinges. I look over at Sam as tears roll down my cheeks, and he rushes over to me and sits behind me, holding me against his chest. He takes Emily's hand that i'm still holding tightly in his hand, so he is holding both mine and Emily's hands in his big one. The rest of the pack sit around the room, making sure not to sit too close, scared that i might lash, thinking that they are a threat to Emily. They all have worry or concern in their eyes, making me worry even more.

"Sam, it's happening. I woke up to her whimpering and sobbing. I got her to my room as quickly as i could. She has a really high temperature. I didn't know what to do." I sobbed, squeezing Emily's hand and then resting my head on top of Sam's hand that is engulfing mine and Emily's