XXVIII - Vicissitudes

Kinsley's POV

I'd already been a week since I'd arrived here, although in the human world, it'd have been two weeks, considering time flowed differently here. My stomach had inflated a tad bit more since then and I was starting to feel strong kicks! 

My pups were growing faster than anticipated, which was saddening, it just means that soon I would be giving them away to Nonna and as much as I knew this would preserve their life. It made me feel like a detestable mother!

Willing to give up my claim to them. However, at the same time I had the resolve to do what others wouldnt...

Sighing, I push around some of my jello that is on my plate. I had a sudden craving for jello! I'd eaten like five packs of the six jello cups! My ankles were sore and swollen and I really felt like a pregnant women!

It kind of never want to be pregnant again, it was a real pain in the butt. You really can't do anything you normally do! Like your kind of confined to bed or couch maybe a chair if you feel like it!

Currently, I'm laid up on the couch, listening to a story about how Can met Valencia, it was interesting enough! But I felt a little annoyance flare in my mind as she constantly rub his arm with her hand. Or how she was always touching him!

I don't even really know why I'm so upset, but I am! Something inside of me in angry at this connection that she had with him. But I push it down the anger, she removes her hand and stands up saying something before she's in the kitchen!

"Kins!" Cander snaps his fingers in my face and I jolt a little bit from my position looking around a little shocked!

"What?!" I ask confused and he sighs, but chuckles before leaning back into the chair he was sitting in, well floating on, I suppose it the correct terminology!

"Your strangling the pillow!" He says pointing to my hands, that I hadn't even realized I'd been clutching in a deathly grip! The stuffing was starting to push its ways out of the seams!

"Sorry, I'm just a little wound up at the moment!" I breathe out dropping the half mangled pillow to the ground. Turning my body into a sitting position, I lean my head back into the fluffy couch.

"Mhm." He says not sounding convinced at all by my statement!

"What don't believe me?" I ask him shortly.

"No, I don't quite believe it's just that, you were staring at Valencia's neck the whole time as you wring the pillow, like you wanted to wring her neck!" He says not sounding all too concerned or rather upset by this.

I scoff and turn my head away from him, not wanting to admit that he right about the whole I wanted to wring her neck thing. Because sadly it was true, I mean she is nice and everything but something about her being close to Cander sets me on edge!

"I'm not sorry you know." I muter after looking away from him.

Finding that I want to pout like a child, I wanted all of Cander's attention to be on me and not this new women of his! I always thought that Cander was gay to begin with. He'd never batted an eye at the women that had thrown themselves at him before! What made her so different from the hoards of others that had been interested in his company!

"Awe are you jealous of her Kinsley?" He says laughing harder and trying to contain his amusement!

I huff in annoyance and cross my arms over my chest! Why did he have to be so aggravatingly annoying! SIghing, I lean back and look up at the open ceiling and the stars that glitter in the sky above head!

I wonder what Six was up to? Did he miss me? Was he eating okay? I want to know all these things but I haven't looked at my phone once since I'd gotten here, I was avoiding the inevitable!