5: Dry Cleaners

Começar do início

Harry walked up to the counter with a plastic bag in his hand.

"Welcome. Dropping off?"

"Yes. Hi, Mr. um... Louis." He said as he read his nametag. "I want to have this coat cleaned. But I'm not sure if you'll really be able to clean it. My four year old puked on it."

"Oh wow. Sorry to hear that. Let's take a look at it first. What material is it?"

"Wool." He said as he put the bag on the counter and pulled the sides down around it.

"I've already scraped the vomit from it but as you can see there's still a stain and it's been there a couple of days."

"Yes and judging by the size of it, it looks like he puked a lot."

Harry chuckled.

"He did. I let him eat too much of his birthday cake and I paid the price for it. Now I just want to know if you can get it clean or if I'll have to throw it away and go buy another coat."

Louis smiled at him.

"Lucky for you, this is a professional dry cleaning service. So we have a lot more to work with than your typical cleaners. And from experience, I've seen a lot of vomit stains come through here. But I've also never seen them leave. So give it to us and we'll have it clean in four to seven days."

"Okay. How much will it be?"

"Somewhere around twenty two bucks for this kind of item and service, usually. But you won't have to pay that until you pick it up."

Louis tore off a small form from a pad and pointed to a cup of pens.

"Fill in your name, address and today's date for me. And you can write your phone number anywhere at the top where it's blank so we can call you when it's ready.

"Alright."

Harry took one of the pens and filled in the information on the paper. Then he handed it to him.

"Do you want to keep the bag?"

"No you can throw it away."

"Alright. We'll call you when it's ready. Have a good day."

"Thank you."

As Harry was leaving out, Louis grabbed the bag and the ticket and took them with him to the back of the store where an office with an open door was. Sitting at the desk inside was a man with dark hair and a pair of glasses on his face. But he looked busy. So Louis politely knocked on the door.

Right away the man looked up.

"Yes?"

"Uh, Zayn. I have a question about a winter coat."

"Don't tell me that guy came back again. I apologized that we misplaced his coat and promptly reimbursed him. He should be happy now."

"Oh no. This isn't about that. This is about another customer with a winter coat. Mr. Styles. He brought in a tan coat with a light pink throw up stain on it and he wanted to know if we could get it out."

"Okay..."

"Do you think we could remove a pink stain from tan colored wool? I mean, I told him we could but I don't know. This one looks tough and he seemed pretty desperate to have it cleaned."

Zayn took off his glasses and sat them down. "Bring it in."

Louis came over and sat the bag on the desk. Then he opened it so Zayn could stand up and look over in it.

"Hmm. Yeah. I think that could definiely get cleaned. It's a light pink color. Not too bad. You can go ahead and tag this."

"I will."