the happy ever after

Start from the beginning

"I thought she was irrelevant. But still, I was going to tell you. There was no time yesterday. I was super busy as you have seen. And then all of this happened this morning. I didn't intend to hide any of this, Mashal." He came forward and held her hands, she nodded lazily, "I'm so done with your ex drama. What the hell was that interview? Second marriage. Was she serious?"

Mashal scoffed in disbelief. That girl was super crazy if she thought any of that would be possible. Only in her dreams perhaps.

"You know what's the sad truth in all this?" Murat sighed dejectedly.

"It was Chris who took all these photos. Eliza came there to do a shoot of her own and lured him into doing all this in exchange for more opportunities in the paparazzi industry." Murat still wasn't over the betrayal of Chris, his so-called best friend. Who didn't think twice before doing all this to him.

Chris was a journalist. He just didn't think his friend would stoop so low for fame and money.

"I never had a positive vibe from him. Don't talk with him again, Murat. It's good that his intentions are exposed now." Mashal whispered sadly as she leaned in and wrapped her arms around him, hugging him tightly. He needed someone to hold onto him so badly right now and she will be that someone today and forever. She knows very well how much it hurts when close friends betray you. She has seen such people throughout her life and it hurt every single time. She can't imagine how much it's going to affect her husband.

Chirs and Murat were so close after all.

"Thank you for having faith in me, Mashal."

"I was so worried about you. What if you didn't believe me?" He murmured vulnerably as his hold on her tightened, she felt herself being lifted in the air, her legs goes to wrap around his torso automatically.

"But I believe you. That's all that matters." He placed a lingering kiss on her forehead as she replied so honestly. It meant the world to him that she has trusted him with something as serious as this.

When the whole world was going against him there was his wife. What did he do to call her as his?

"Take me to our bedroom. We should get some sleep and forget everything." She cupped his face gently and stared into his deep black eyes that looked broken and painful. Her heart went out to him.

Sometimes it's your close ones actions that hurt you the most. And whatever Chris did has impacted him hugely. Murat could never forget the betrayal.

But they were glad that Chris's fake mask has fallen off. It's better late than never anyway.

***

@Murat

@Murat.Saeed : My one and only ❤️

Sitting on top of the kitchen counter, Mashal was munching on a carrot as she scrolled through Instagram. Her eyes lit up brightly as she saw Murat's recent Instagram post. She immediately gave it a double tap. A wide smile appeared on her face.