sixteen

"You made a mistake and you're going to pay for it." Aryan's sickening smile made her want to spit at him, she wanted to get up and teach him another lesson but her eyes went wide as she realised how her hands were tied, Mashal was suddenly very scared. She wanted to open her mouth and yell at him, but couldn't get herself to even speak a single word. It was too nerve-wracking and scary. This place was too dark and she had no idea where she was. That jerk seemed to be having fun at her expense and she wanted to throw something at him.

"Mashal!" She felt a sudden push, "Mashal, wake up!" The push was hard this time. But wait, she knew this voice. She could identify it anywhere and anytime. It was Murat. What was he doing here? She wondered confusedly. A wave of relief washed over her knowing Murat was here, for her. How did he go from being that jerk of a neighbour to this sweet prince charming, her forever knight in shining armour?

"Mashal, what happened?" He held her securely in his arms, trying to whisper sweet nothings into her ear. She blinked open her eyes, looking lost and confused. Wasn't she tied somewhere in the dark just some time ago? How could she come back to her bedroom, lying safely in her husband's arms in such a short period? She didn't remember much, but Murat seemed as confused as her. She could also see the concern in his eyes.

"Murat, what happened?" Her voice was groggy and tired, he made her sit up, "I was tied somewhere. How did you get me? How did you know where I was? Murat, did Aryan do something to you?" Mashal's eyes widened, thinking about the possibilities of her ex-superior at work causing any harm to her husband.

"Woah, hang in there. What are you talking about? I think you should drink a glass of water first," Murat leaned back to their bedside table and fetched the mug and glass as he poured her some water. Her breathing was uneven and her heart was pounding hard in fear. And drinking a glass of water seemed like a better thing to do.

"Thank you," She whispered shakingly while gulping it down, her husband looked at her with worry-filled eyes. She didn't seem to understand what was happening. But it looked it things made sense suddenly.

"It was a dream!" Finally, the realization dawned upon her. She was so scared and terrified over that stupid dream. It all seemed too real. All because of Aryan Hossain. He was the cause of all this. She felt good that at least he received two slaps. Her father taught her all about self-defence and safety but men like him are extremely crazy. She was sure she has hurt his fragile male ego and he'd be waiting for every possible chance to get back at her.

"Bad dream?" Murat held her shoulders in a comforting way, without a second thought she lunged into his arms, searching for protection from every nasty thing of this world. He was her comfort zone and she needed his warmth so badly at the moment. He wrapped his arms around her, holding her just as tightly. He was protective and equally confused.

"Mashal, babe? You're scaring me, what the hell is this?" He reluctantly broke the hug and made her look at him, "Murat, it's fajr time. Can we pray first?" She couldn't meet his eyes and he looked pissed because of her indifference. It was so stupid but she wanted to get back at him for what he did last night.

"Seriously? You won't share?" His deep black eyes bore daggers at her. She squirmed uncomfortably, trying to get up from the bed but his hold was firm and tight.

"Shall we pray, Murat?" The alarm began to ring just on time making Mashal sigh inwardly. She could feel his intense eyes upon her. But didn't look at them, probably making him angrier.

"You're impossible!" He grunted before throwing the blanket away and got up from the bed.

"Oh yeah? Who was not willing to share what happened last night that you became so closed off and annoyed?" She shot back, fuming in frustration. She sat still on the bed, feeling more annoyed as she thought about it again.