Lessons to be Learned

"You did what?" Mylo shouted firmly thrusting his face forwards to Powder.

"I'm sorry! I tried to fight him off with Mouser, but... she didn't work." Powder replied with her head down and playing with her hands shamefully. "Who saw that coming?" He swung his arm into the air carelessly, trying to show how stupid it was for Powder to throw the treasure. Vora gave Mylo a mean glare knowing that, Powder was doing her best and what she thought was right.

"We never should have gone over there ." Claggor interrupted.

"Doesn't matter. The stuff's gone." Vi exasperated. Vora couldn't help but fell bad for her. Even though Vora was older, Vi got most of the responsibility put on her unfairly.

"It's alright, Powder. At least you're okay." She patted Powder's shoulder and rubbed her cheek with her thumb in a comforting gesture. Vora moved to Vi and whispered in her ear. "What are we going to do about Mylo? We know he is just going to continue to not let this go." she tucked a stray pink strand of hair behind Vi's ear causing the pinkette to blush. " I, I got it. You don't need to worry about Mylo. I want you to make sure Powder is okay while I lecture him." her tone gave off a slight hint of amusement. Vora sighed " Are you okay, Vi? Look, I know things have been hard on you and if Vander finds out about this..."

"Don't worry about me, Vora. I will handle it... I always have" Vi sighed a bit as the end with stress evident on her features. " I will be here for you just as I am for, Powder, Okay? I care if you're alright." Vora gave a pat to her shoulder and walked passed into the door leading to the elevator.

"Okay!? What about us? I get my face bashed in, and she just gets free pass?" Myo rudely butted in Vi's face, his thick eyebrows furrowed.

"Yup."

Mylo huffed and dramatically turned his torso to look at Powder, just to glare and turn back like he did nothing wrong. The group all filed into the rusty elevator that looked like it was about to collapse into a pile of oxidized iron dust. Vi pulled the lever up and they descended downwards to, home, the Undercity.

"Every time. Every time she comes, something goes wrong. She jinxes every job." He whined. "Just drop it, Mylo." Vi shut him down before he could say anything more. Vora clenched her hands into fists again. Mylo was really getting on her nerves and she was this close to giving him a good head knock. She swore if he got on her nerves one more time complaining about Powder, again, he will not be able to move his face for a few days.

They reached the bottom of the city and walked into the crowds. Vi pulled up her hood as she did so, noticing Vora staring at her but ignoring it. Keeping her head low she walked beside Vi hoping for some comfort in her presence would prevent Mylo from getting his lights knocked out. They shifted through the crowds and past the brothel where a dwarf with large pointed ears and over sized lips winked at Claggor. He cringed away moving himself to walk closer to the group. Finally The Last Drop came into view, Vora was unsure if she should follow them inside. Stopping just before the door, she pulled Vi off to the side.

"I don't know that I am welcome there, Vi" she confessed nervousness biting at her fingers causing a chill to go through her body. Vi grabbed her hand. "Vander always welcomes you to visit. Why would you say that?" she questioned. "Well, he knows that I am not the best influence on you guys especially, Powder. You know he doesn't approve of what I do. Especially that stunt we pulled today, he will be mad, think I took you guys there, and take it out on you! I don't want that to happen." Vora burst out, her anxiety finally getting to her. Vi took her other free hand and lifted Vora's head up, resting it on her cheek gently. " We talked about this. Don't worry about that, I can handle it. I'm a big girl now." she smiled a little continuing, "I will clear things up with him and everything will be alright." Vora paused staring into her blue eyes. " I hate that you have to take care of me. I am the older one I will have you know." she declared releasing a small chuckle. Vi let go of her face and hand giving Vora a little pull by the elbow as she walked inside, gesturing for her to follow. Shallowing her nerves down she headed inside timidly.