That Was Easy

I threw myself onto my bed without bothering to undress at all. I didn't feel like getting up to do so either. I had expected him to beat around the bush but he basically admitted to me that he is hawkmoth. It hadn't gone the way I wanted it to.

My phone vibrated and I opened one eye, barely lifted my face from my pillow to look at it. It was a news alert, the headline reading "Ladybug and Cat Noir save the day once again".
I gritted my teeth in irritation and pushed it aside.

"Just what I needed, a literal reminder." I grumbled and rolled over until I could get my feet on the ground then forced myself up and walked to sit at my desk.

Honestly taking down the two heroes is child's play with the info I have on them. The only problem now is hawkmoth, saving Jule without handing over the miraculous. Or revealing anyone's identities. I had also considered telling them but as hawkmoth said really difficult to explain plus they wouldn't just give up the miraculous Otherwise I'll be done already.

I was clutching my head in frustration when I noticed a picture of Ladybug standing next to a fan in a ladybug costume. I smirked as an idea came to me. I relaxed, stretched and took a shower then came back into the room, immediately sitting down to search for a location for my plan. I also began absorbing and releasing electricity, trying to increase my total capacity.

"Dad is going to be pissed when he sees the.. bill. Of course, that's it."

I groaned in frustration at my own stupidity and began to rewrite the plan. The answer was right in front of me the whole time. An answer so simple yet often ignored. I adjusted my seat and threw myself into my work, finally falling asleep in the early hours of the morning.

I groaned and reached out to stop the loud beeping sound that was my alarm. I settled down to sleep again before I remembered what I had to do today. I shot out of bed and into the shower to start my morning routine.

I moved as fast as I could and was out the door in under an hour. I took in a deep breath of the early morning air then with a satisfied smile I began to jog down the street, heading to my first stop on my very busy day.

........................................................................

"Hey Adrian, where's the rest of my Camembert?"

Adrian glanced up from his homework at the little black kwami that was frantically flying around the place, peeking under things it's cheese shouldn't be under.

"C'mon, Plagg. Don't you think that's too much Camembert for you? You ate two whole plates yesterday night."

"Yeah, I was hungry after all the work we did yesterday. And there is no such thing as too much Camembert." his eyes lit up when he finally found the piece he was looking for. "There you are."

"My precious." He sung to himself as he rubbed it lovingly before gulping it down in one bite. He sighed loudly and began patting his belly.

"Satisfied now?"

"Yep." He yawned and floated onto Adrian's shoulder. "Goodnight."

Adrian shook his head and turned back to his work but he couldn't focus at all. His mind kept drifting off to recent events. The guy in the mask, who knew his secret identity and wanted his miraculous too.

Y/n, who hadn't come to school today and hasn't responded to a single text or call he sent him. and now his Dad, who seemed to be behaving strangely, like a kid waiting for a chance to open his presents.

He finally sighed and stood up from the work to get a drink, making sure to tuck the sleeping cat spirit into the jacket before leaving his room. He had hoped to get his homework done early but he'll just have to do it later.
He was walking back to his room when he run into his father. His back instantly straightened and he automatically put his hands behind him before he greeted his father.