21

"What do you want to do?" I asked Jack and sat up.

"Whatever you want to do." He said and I smiled, "Let's go to the mall."

"Fine." He said and groaned. I laughed, "I'm gonna go take a shower"

"Ok baby girl." He said and that made me melt. I smiled and continued walking to the bathroom.

Jack and I both finished getting ready and we are walking out to his car. My phone started ringing, Katie.

"Hello?" I answered and lowered the volume of the radio.

"Helloooo stranger. Where are you?"

"Going to the mall with Jack."

"Aw." She said and I heard Max say 'Ew' in the back.

I rolled my eyes, "Tell Max I need to talk to her when I get back."

"Ok. She said ok. So what's the relationship status with you and Jack?"

"Dating." I answered and looked at Jack with a smile on my face.

"Yay!!! I'm so happy for you Marie."

"I'm happy too."

"I'm glad you're finally happy."

"Thanks. Hey I'll talk to you later ok."

"Ok love you."

"Love you too" I said and hung up.

Jack looked over at me and grabbed my hand and intertwined it with his.

He brought my hand up to his lips and kissed it. We got to the mall and walked around.

We went to a bunch of stores. Jack payed for me, even though I told him I could pay for myself. Jack also bought things for himself.

"I'm hungry."

"So am I. Let's go to the food court." Jack said.

----

Today I'm gonna go and talk to Max about what she said to Jack.

I'm actually really nervous. I've never gotten into a fight with her, and I'm not trying to ruin our friendship.

Especially over a boy. I heard a knock on the door so I went to open it, there was Max.

"Hey."

"Hey girl. What did you want to talk about? You were making me nervous." She said followed by a laugh.

"Let's sit." I said and we walked to the living room.

"Ok so the other day when we were at Katie's house, I overheard you talking to Jack. You told him to stop talking to me Max. Why would you do that? We're friends and you know I like him" I said.

"Marie listen. Jack is not good for you. He's a jerk and a player. You don't want to be with a guy like him."

"Too bad. I'm dating him Max!"

"You're what?!"

"I'm dating him."

"Marie you're gonna get hurt."

"And if I do then I'll learn from my mistakes. I really appreciate how much you care about me, but I'm old enough to make mistakes and learn from that. I need you to know that. I need to ask you a question and I need you to be completely honest with me."

"What?"

"Do you have any type of feelings for Jack? Please tell me the truth." I said.

"I'm gonna be honest with you, in the beginning when you first started talking to him, I did. But now I don't."

"So were good?"

"Yeah. Listen, I love you and I'll be here for you if Jack ever hurts you ok."

"Ok. Thanks. I love you too." I said and we hugged.