SIX

The next few days at school were hell. Everyone looked at me sideways... everyone. Even the teachers, and some of the people at stores even. Everyone knew me, Kelly Lindley as the "whore" or the "slut" it was appalling. Cliff was getting a lot of praise from people since he seemed to know everything about my past. That day at lunch was the worst.

"There she is guys. Don't look!" Some girl giggled from the same table as Cliff was siting at. I sighed heavily and took a seat next to Jen, Pacey, Dawson, and Joey.

"Ignore them." Dawson said with a sympathetic look.

"They're losers." Jen tried to raise the spirits again.

"I'm trying." I said sadly not even bothering to get lunch today. I had lost my appetite completely. Nothing was going right for me. The whole lunch period Pacey just eyed Cliff with hatred.

"Didn't you say she tried to sleep with the teacher!" Someone said to Cliff. I knew it wasn't good to listen in but I couldn't help it.

"Yeah, Mr. Ruck. He even told me." That was a lie. A big stupid lie. Everyone knew it except for the airheads who Cliff was brainwashing. I shook my head with pure self hatred.

"Now she's trying to get with that loser." Cliff snickered. Everyone at the table looked at each other as to who he was speaking of.

"Who?" A boy asked.

"That Witter kid. He's probably already brainwashed by her." Everyone at the table began laughing. Pacey shook his head and then began to stand up. He took his Pepsi with him and angrily walked to Cliffs table.

"Speak of the devil." A girl muttered.

"To what do we owe this visit—" Cliff began but was cut off when Pacey savagely threw his Pepsi right in Cliffs face. Everyone gasped and the whole lunchroom began to look at that table.

"What's your fucking problem, man?!" Cliff yelled angrily standing up drying the soda off of him with his jacket sleeve. I ducked low in my seat.

"My problem? My problem is you and all these losers are stupidly believing this stuff about Kelly. She didn't do anything you've said she has, and you all are insane to believe it! She's a sweet girl, she's beautiful, and talented and I don't even have to know her that well to see it. You are all brainwashed!" Pacey yelled as the teacher came over to break it up between the two. He grabbed Pacey's arm in effort to stop him.

"You're just mad she didn't want to fuck you, Cliff," everyone gasped at Pacey, "you're just mad that a girl saw you for who you really are. And these airheads think you're Mr. Wondeful!"

"That's enough, Mr. Witter! You're finished! Done! Out of the lunch room!" With that everyone basically began yelling shit at either Cliff, Pacey, or me. I felt my heart somehow start to flutter.

Did Pacey just call me beautiful? And talented?

"You too Ms. Lindley!" The teacher yelled. I got up and just as I did... Cliff yelled at me. A word I had heard too many times this week.

"Whore!"

"Prick!" I yelled back earning a laugh from Dawson and Joey. Jen just stared with shock.

"That is enough!" The teacher shooed me and  Pacey of the lunch room with anger. I couldn't believe what I had just done.