FOUR

"Do you want a drink?" Pacey yelled through the loud music and chatter of people at this so called "party" though it didn't seem to have much partying.

"No thanks!" I yelled back with a smile. He disappeared to the kitchen to find something while I was left in the living room begging God not to draw some idiot over to me.

"Hey, Kelly! Where's Pacey?" Thank god it was just Dawson and Joey. I was honestly surprised that Joey came... she didn't seem the type to like parties.

"He went to get a drink." I answered grinning at them both. Dawson nodded before leaving me and Joey to find Pacey.

"How've you been?" I asked her rubbing my arms up and down from coldness. I didn't realize this house had no heating.

"Okay." She simply shrugged. I've noticed that Joey doesn't like to go into much detail... and that was okay with me. I nodded at her not wanting to push anything.

Pacey came back with a cup in his hand and Dawson had a bottle of water.

"So... Kelly did you and Pacey work it out?" Dawson asked with a laugh.

"Sure." He sarcastically said taking a drink of whatever he was drinking. I didn't have much else to say... I felt kind of out of place. And I wondered where Jen was?

"Did either of you see Jen?" I asked. I saw Dawson turn red... was he blushing? Over Jen?

"N-no... why is she coming?" Dawson said looking through the crowd of people and trying to spot Jen somewhere. Oh god... Dawson likes Jen doesn't he?

"I don't know... she might." I mumbled feeling unsure of what to say. Dawson likes my sister?

"Hey, Dawson. You came!" I was startled by the voice behind me. I turned around to see a boy I had never seen before.

"Hey, Cliff. Your house is really neat." Dawson complimented. Cliff nodded at his words and thanked him. I saw him look down at me... for some reason his look made me stand closer to Pacey.

"Who's this beautiful lady?" He said trying to be charming. I gulped feeling very uncomfortable in the moment... I didn't know why. I stayed silent until Pacey gave me the signal to speak up by placing his hands on my shoulders.

"Kelly... I'm new here." I nervously spit out. I saw his eyes trail up to my eyes and then down to my feet. I felt something terrible in my stomach.

"If you ever need someone to show you around... call me, okay?" He said before idiotically stepping back into the crowd of people.

"God... is there a ghost or something?" Joey asked referring to how white my face was. I tried to put some color back into my skin by shaking my head. Pacey only tightened his grip on my shoulders before letting go.

"What's wrong?" He asked lowly.

"Nothing.. I just don't like him." I shrugged it off not knowing what to explain. He barely did anything. But my gut is something I always trust.

"See? It's not just me Dawson!" Pacey said out of nowhere. Dawson rolled his eyes before him and Joey were off to do there own thing. They maybe even went home. I wasn't sure.

"Can I leave you alone for a bit? Just a couple minutes... I wanna look for someone." Pacey asked me.

"No!" I said holding onto his arm tightly.

"My god, woman," he pulled away from me, "please? I'll make up for it."

"Jesus Christ. Fine! But hurry!" I said with nervousness. He nodded before disappearing amongst the crowd. I should've never agreed to this. Here I am... alone at a stupid party while Pacey looks for someone. Great.

All for a pencil? I'm doing this because he saved me ass... for a pencil? I should just leave.

"Hey... should've known Pacey would leave you." It was that guy again. Cliff I believe it was. Could he not take a memo... I didn't want to be around him. He kinda gave me the wrong vibes.

"Uh-huh." I simply agreed and turned my head. I was trying to give subtle hints that I just wasn't interested.

"Why don't you come with me? I'll introduce you to some people?" He asked me.

"Um, I'm supposed to wait for Pacey. Maybe some other time?" I said to him trying to contain my annoyance.

"You don't," he paused, "think he's coming back do you? He left for a reason... he probably will forget about you." Cliff kept at it.

"N-no. He said he'd be back..." I said. God, I was about to go nuts. Pacey hurry your ass up, please.

"Key word: said. Just come with me, you'll be fine." He grabbed my hand.

"No. I said no." I pulled away only to be yanked back closer to him. This was not happening right now, it couldn't be. God, where was Pacey.

"Come on!" He raised his voice.

"Let go!" I yelled trying to get away. He just kept a firm grip and tried dragging me into the living room where his buddies were. I was scared out of my mind, "I don't want to!" I cried but wasn't strong enough to fight back. He began dragging me harder and harder and I protested as much as I could.

"Let go you asshole!" I yelled louder than before. About a second later, his grip was instantly off of my arm and I was free.

"Get off of her!" Pacey yelled pushing Cliff away from me. I felt so relieved... that was the scariest moment of my life.

"Yeah? What're you gonna do, Pacey?" Cliff asked standing close to him. I could tell Pacey didn't get into these situations often. I was glad he was there.

"I don't know yet," he truthfully answered, "but you don't touch her, understand?" Pacey asked.

"Relax, Pacey. No wonder you're so protective of her, if I had a girl as hot as her I would too. She's probably done a lot of things..." He ruthlessly said.

"Shut up, Cliff!" Pacey snapped and pushed him once again. This time, Cliff tripped over the couch.

"You're dead, Witter!" He yelled trying to spring back up.

"Kelly, this is where we run." Pacey grabbed my hand and made a run for it straight out the door. I didn't know why, but I felt such a wonderful rush when we were running. Like Bonnie and Clyde or something.

"Shit. I'm done for. I'm gonna get my ass kicked." Pacey said running his hand through his hair. I was kind of guilty... I had gotten him in trouble.

"I'm sorry, Pacey. I didn't mean to—"

"Woah, woah. Sorry? For what?" He asked.

"Getting you in trouble with, Cliff." I answered.

"That was not your fault, okay? I'll be okay." He assured me. I took his word for it and let him walk me back home.