THREE

After first period with Joey... I went into second period. Which was US History... and nevertheless did I see Pacey Witter sitting down fiddling with a pencil.

"Is that seat taken?" I asked referring the the seat beside him.

"Yep." He mumbled to me with a cocky smile. I shrugged my shoulders and sat down anyways, "you just don't leave me alone, huh?" Pacey asked.

"Well excuse me for having the same class as you. I deeply apologize.." I rolled my eyes before opening my backpack trying to find a pencil. But I didn't have one.

"Do you have a pencil?" I asked Pacey.

"Yeah... but it's mine. Girl, if you don't have a pencil get ready for Mr. Ruck to go ballistic." Pacey warned like Mr. Ruck was some sort of lunatic.

"Pacey. I know you have a pencil... it's my first day here and I don't want to get in trouble so please just give me one." I said begging him basically.

"Nope."

Oh fuck off...

"Hello, class. Welcome back to US History. Get out a notebook and pencil and continue writing your Lexington and Concorde papers." The teacher said entering the room. I rose my hand carefully.

"I'm new here... and I just need to know what we're doing so I can start—"

"Oh, of course. Just use your text book page 331-360 and write a summery over the chapters." He smiled brightly. Oh fuck.

"I, uh, I don't have a pencil." I said feeling regret the moment I said it. I felt like everyone was looking at me weird because I didn't have a goddamn pencil.

"What? No pencil, okay? You can write your name on the board and I expect to see you in my classroom after school. I have one rule in his class and it's always bring a pencil. It's on the door Ms. Lindley." Why the fuck is this getting put on me the first day of school. The very first day.

This teacher was a fucking joke. Now I had to write my name on the board... shit.

"Uh, Mr. Ruck. Don't make Kelly write her name... she gave me her pencil because I didn't have one." Pacey said. What the hell?

"Oh, is that right? Mr. Witter you know what to do." With that I dropped in my seat as Pacey handed me the pencil and began walking down the row of seats and to the board where he wrote his name. Oh god...

-

After my remaining classes were over I waited next to my locker for Pacey. I needed to one thank him and two apologize. He didn't have to do that...

Thankfully, after like 10 minutes he showed up.

"Pacey. Oh, Pacey. Hi! I'm so sorry about US History... I didn't know you were gonna do that and I would never have let you if—"

"Kelly... it's alright. I did it because I wanted to, okay? But... I do know a way you can repay me." Pacey said like he'd been planning this out.

I cocked my eyebrow, "and that is?"

"There's a party at Cliff— I'm assuming you don't know who I'm talking about but there's a party." Pacey began. I could only imagine where this was even going.

"Okay... and you want me to go with you?" I asked crossing my arms.

"That's right. And if you could ever so kindly be nice to me while at the party it would be highly appreciated." Pacey joked with a fake cocky smile. I couldn't stand this guy... but wanted to be around him at the same time.

"Okay, I'll go. When?" I asked just doing it and getting it over with ASAP.

"Tonight at Cliffs house... we'll have to walk there as I'm assuming you aren't 16 and don't have a drivers license." He said to me.

"No I don't. Do you want me to write my address on paper for you or—"

"I know where you live, Kelly." Pacey said a little too casually. Let's just say I didn't expect him to say that.

"That's a little creepy." I said with a sarcastically induced laugh. Pacey rolled his eyes at me, far to the back of his head.

"Shut up, Kelly. I met Jen today and I happen to know she is your sister. Don't flatter yourself too much." He said back to me.

"Are you always an asshole, Pacey?" I asked him feeling stupid for ever agreeing to going with him.

"I am not always an asshole! It depends on who I'm talking to and if I'm not wrong you haven't been the nicest either."

"What?! I was just trying to help you out by going to a party and you have some problem with me and I don't understand what the fuck it is." I defended myself back to him.

"Aw, the married couple is already fighting." I heard that familiar voice. Dawson Leery was walking up to us with a snarky smile. Me and Pacey both stopped talking to each other, "you two just met each other... how are you already arguing?"

This was gonna get complicated. I started explaining my side of the story at the same time Pacey did and our voices overlapped and clashed until Dawson finally stopped us.

"Jesus! Kelly you talk first. Pacey, shut it." Dawson laughed.

"I forgot my pencil in Mr. Rucks class—"

"Oh no." Dawson said. I guess everyone knows about the goddamn pencil rule.

"And I got in trouble for not having one, obviously and Pacey took the fall for me. Then out of the kindness of my heart I did him a favor and agreed to go to a party with him. After all that you'd assume he'd be nice to me but he's a jerk!" I rambled on and on trying to get everything out.

"God, Kelly, I'm sorry okay?" Pacey finally snapped and gave up.

"Cool. I'm sorry too." I said back turning away from him. Dawson just started with confusion as I began walking away from them both.

"I'll never understand women." Pacey muttered to Dawson thinking I could hear. Still walking I turned around and flipped him off before exciting the school.

Goddamn you, Pacey Witter.