"That's the whole story?" Thor questioned.

"Yes, it's a War Machine story."

"Oh, it's very good, then," Thor said with an awkward chuckle, "yes, it's impressive."

"Quality save," Rhodey nodded before turning to Tony and Lexi. "So, no Pepper? She's not coming?"

"No," they replied at the same time.

"What about Jane?" Maria asked Thor, "where are the ladies, gentlemen?"

"Oh, Ms. Potts has a company to run," Tony answered proudly.

"Yes, I'm not even sure what country Jane is in," Thor answered with just as much pride, "her work on the Convergence has made her the world's foremost astronomer."

"And the company that Pepper runs is the largest tech conglomerate on Earth. It's pretty exciting."

"There's even talk of Jane getting a, um, Nobel Prize."

"Yeah, uh, they must be busy, because they would hate missing you guys get together," Maria spoke before coughing slightly to cover up her next word. "Testosterone. Oh, excuse me."

"Want a lozenger?" Rhodey asked.

"Gosh, Maria, let's get you some water," Lexi chimed in as the three left the two egotistical men alone. As they walked away, Lexi spotted Natasha talking to some men on the other side of the room, the redhead catching her eye as she sent the brunette a flirtatious wink. "You guys will have to excuse me, I'll catch up with you both later."

Grabbing two glasses of champagne from the tray of a passing waiter, she made her way over, being sure to make the most of checking Natasha out from behind as she did so. Damn, her ass looks good in that dress.

She slowly walked up behind the redhead, snaking her arm around her waist as she smiled politely at the group she was talking to. "Sorry, gentlemen. Could I steal her for a few minutes?" Nodding, the three men left the two alone as Lexi handed a glass of champagne to Natasha.

"I was wondering when you'd come find me," Natasha spoke before seductively taking a sip from the glass, holding eye contact with Lexi as she did so, seeing the brunette already flustered at the simple action.

"I- I, uh, had to beat Sam at pool first," she replied, her eyes trained on Natasha's lips before they flickered up to her eyes. "Who were those guys you were with? You seemed close."

"Oh, them? Just some guys I hooked up with before."

"What?!" Lexi's head snapped in the direction of the men, her eyes narrowed as she looked at them. Natasha let out a small chuckle at her reaction before touching her upper arm gently in an attempt to calm her down.

"Relax," she laughed, "I'm kidding. God, you should've seen your face." Lexi's face dropped when she realised what Nat had done, staring back at the redhead with her lips pursed. Recognising she had annoyed Lexi, Nat leaned closer, putting her mouth close to the brunette's ear as she lowered her voice to a whisper. "Meet me in the closet down the hall in five. Don't make it obvious."

A smirk appeared on Lexi's face as Nat pulled away, swaying her hips for Lexi's view as she made her way out of the room. Lexi's eyes followed her the whole way until she rounded the corner and was out of view, though the smirk stayed on Lexi's face as she thought about what was to come.

"What are you smiling about?" Maria's voice startled Lexi as she jumped slightly before turning to face her best friend.

"Nothing," she gulped, downing the rest of her drink to avoid any more questions.

"Okay..." Maria drawled out suspiciously, eyeing her best friend up and down who seemed in a hurry to leave. "Hey, is it cool if I bunk in your room tonight? There's a leak in mine and I don't wanna bug Tony to get it fixed during the party."

"Umm... yeah, sure," Lexi said as she checked her watch impatiently, seeing that the five minutes had passed. "Listen, M, I gotta go... uh, check something. I'll see you later, yeah?"

Maria didn't get the chance to respond as Lexi was already gone, her heels clicking on the floor as she walked out of the room and down the empty hall. When she reached the closet, she took a quick look over her shoulder to ensure no one could see her before the door opened and a hand reached out to drag her in. Lexi let out a small scream at the suddenness of the action before Natasha's lips roughly met hers, her hands tangling in the brunette's hair as she pushed her against the wall.

The shock on Lexi soon wore off as she began to kiss back, her hands gripping Natasha's waist firmly electing a small moan from the redhead. Lexi took this opportunity to deepen the kiss as their tongues began a fight for dominance, with Nat coming out on top.

Natasha pulled away from the kiss as she began trailing kisses down Lexi's neck, sucking on the skin ever-so-slightly, feeling the brunette squirm underneath her every action.

"Nat- don't... leave marks," Lexi pleaded breathlessly in between the quiet moans that escaped her mouth. "Seriously, if dad sees then I'm dead."

"Relax, he won't see," Natasha replied with a smirk as she momentarily lifted her lips from Lexi's neck before reattaching them, finding the brunette's pulse point almost instantly as the latter let out a louder moan.

The low cut style of Lexi's dress allowed Natasha's lips to travel further down her chest, leaving tiny marks as she did so. She slowly pulled away to admire her work before Lexi pulled her up by the jaw to reattach their lips, this time the brunette coming out on top on the fight for dominance. Lexi began to make her way down Nat's neck before being stopped by the redhead.

"What? So, you're allowed to mark me? But I can't mark you?"

"You having marks is a lot more normal than me," Nat replied as she reconnected their lips again. "Besides, if we both have marks, people will put two and two together. We don't work with idiots, you know?"

"Hmm, I don't know, something tells me Thor might not catch on right away," Lexi replied as she began to kneel, electing a smirk from Natasha as she gripped the brunette's hair, "besides, I can't think of a better way to put my mouth to use."

author's note:

hi, quick question: do you guys prefer short chapters like this where i will update more frequently, or longer chapters like the first one in this book? please let me know :)

keep commenting and voting <3

- c