| two |

Lexi gave herself a once over in the mirror, taking in every bit of her body to make sure she looked perfect for the party - more importantly, for Nat

Lexi gave herself a once over in the mirror, taking in every bit of her body to make sure she looked perfect for the party - more importantly, for Nat. The music from downstairs was muffled as was the chatter from the guests. Lexi could've easily been on time, but being the Stark she is, she liked to make an entrance. She quickly put the finishing touches on her makeup and then began to make her way downstairs in the elevator.

Stepping out of the elevator, Lexi was met by multiple different faces as people littered the room, some of which she knew, and some she didn't. She greeted them all with polite smiles as she strutted further into the room, the looks from the guests not going amis as she passed them. Many of the men checked her out as she walked, and - being Lexi - she sent a few of them a small wink to keep their hopes up, knowing full well there was only one person she wanted to go home with tonight.

As she scanned the room for said person, her eyes fell on Steve and Sam at the pool table so she made her way over, the two men looking up with raised eyebrows when they noticed her approaching.

"Well, hello Lexi... damn," Sam let out a whistle, looking the woman up and down as she walked up to them.

"Keep it in your pants, Wilson," Lexi smirked, her ego inflating by the minute, "my dad's around somewhere, you know."

"It's not your dad I'd be worried about," he replied, his eyes scanning the room for the redhead he was hinting about.

"Hi, Steve," Lexi giggled at Sam before turning to greet the super soldier.

"Evening, Lexi. You look great," he smiled politely, his eyes not wandering nearly half as far as Sam's did.

"Now that, was the proper way to greet a lady," Lexi winked at Sam who shook his head as he laughed, before handing the pool cue to the brunette.

"I believe we have a match to play."

"I believe we do."

"And that, my dear boy, is how you play pool!" Lexi yelled at Sam, a victorious smirk on her face after she had just pot the black ball.

"Rematch!? My cue was slippy," Sam pleaded as Lexi shook her head, "oh, come on! Please."

"Nope, sorry! I've got a drink behind that bar with my name on it," Lexi replied as she walked off in the direction of the bar, seeing her father talking with Rhodey, Maria and Thor. "Evening," she greeted them all as she leaned on her father's shoulder, the latter turning around to give her a quick kiss on the cheek.

"Hey, how're you feeling?" Maria asked as she pulled her best friend in for a small hug.

"I'm fine, Maria. I told you, I just over exerted myself."

"Okay, can I get back to my story now?" Rhodey interrupted impatiently, receiving reluctant hums of agreement in response. "Okay, so, but, you know, the suit can take the weight, right? So I take the tank, fly it right up to the general's palace, drop it at his feet. I'm like, 'Boom. You looking for this?'" The silence overcame them all as Rhodey finished speaking as he looked deflated by their reactions. "'Boom. Are you looking for...' Why do I even talk to you guys? Everyone else, that story kills."