Chapter 31: Something is Wrong

Start from the beginning

"My career has finally taken off, and I've been completely booked the past month."

"Oh, Arabelle. That's great. I'm so happy for you."

"Yeah, it's just been very stressful. But.." I trail, off biting my cheek.

"Who is he? What's his name? What does he look like?" Yasmin questions, "you have to tell me everything."

"Fine, fine. But can I please have a vanilla latte before I start."

"Of course." I take a seat by the window as she makes my coffee, watching people make their way home from work.

I smile as I watch a dog walker walk by with four dogs, constantly getting their leashes tangled.

"Here you go." Yasmin places a small latte in front of me along with a cinnamon bun, "it's on the house."

"Oh no, you don't have to do that."

"Too bad." She smiles cheekily at me. "Now tell me, who is this mystery man?"

"He's not a mystery." I laugh, "I just haven't seen you much since I've started seeing him."

"Who cares? This is a big deal for you."

Yasmin and me became great friends when I first moved here and started to come to the cafe almost everyday.

She has always been someone I could confide in, and I was able to eventually open up to her about what happened, and why I decided to move here in the first place.

"Okay, his name is Roman."

"Ooh, that's a hot name." She wiggles her eyebrows at me.

"Yes it is." I agree, sipping the hot cup of coffee. "He is a professional boxer, and he is just the most amazing person I have ever met. I have never felt more comfortable and more safe with anyone else. From the moment I met him I knew he was going to turn my life around."

Yasmin stays quiet as she listen to me gush about Roman.

"I honestly don't deserve him. He is just perfect in every way and I can't help but think he may be the one. I can feel something different then when I met Austin."

"That's great, Belle." She reaches across the small circle table and takes my hand in hers, "and you do deserve him. You deserve the world."

I smile it her, I'll forever be grateful to have her in my life. "I will have to bring him around some time so you two can meet."

"Mhm." She agrees, "now let me see a picture of him."

I pull out my phone, taking a bite of my cinnamon roll with my free hand. I scroll through my camera roll, smiling at the endless amounts of photos I have of him, June, the girls, and the guys.

I choose a picture I took of him while he made us pancakes one morning. He's shirtless in just a pair of grey sweatpants, and he has my apron in, which is yellow and is decorated with lemons. He's smiling while there is flour everywhere and he's holding June like a baby. His hair is also still a mess from having just woken up.