Chapter 30: You Were Always Mine

Song is in the middle of story so don't play until you get to the bolded part.

I let my mind wander as I soak in Romans huge bathtub. I adjust my head against the small pillow behind my head and zone out as I watch the flames on the candles flicker. My bandages feet are propped up on the edge of the tub.

My heart warms when I remember that Roman told me that he loved me. I just wish his confession was under different circumstances.

Memories from early this morning come flooding back, and to be honest I don't even remember much because I was so panicked and out of it.

I vaguely remember my nightmare about Austin, and some how I ended up on the kitchen floor with glass all around me. I remember Roman coaxing me out of my panic attack, and helping clean my cuts. And then I remember him telling me he loved me.

Roman loved me. He doesn't deserve to put up with someone like me. Last night is a great example.

I close my eyes and take a deep breathe, inhaling the sweet smell of the candles. I can hear the faint sound of the music playing downstairs. Roman let me sleep in and didn't leave my side all morning. He ran me a bath as we brushed our teeth, he lit a couple candles and put some soothing bubble bath in the water. He turned the lights off leaving the bathroom in a dim orange hue. He helped me undress and settled me in the bathtub. He decided to give me some space to think and went downstairs to make us breakfast.

"Beautiful." I hear Roman whisper, I didn't hear him come in. I feel his fingers massaging my scalp. I keep my eyes closed and lean into his hand. Roman tried his best this morning and put my hair in a bun to keep my hair out of the water. It was amusing watching him stick his tongue out as he focused on doing the bun.

"Breakfast is ready." I open my eyes and see him smiling at me, "your so beautiful." He leans in and pecks my lips.

"What did you make?" I murmur against his lips.

"My special pancakes."

"What's so special about them?" I smile as he helps me out of the bathtub and wraps me in a big black fluffy towel.

"You'll just have to get dressed and meet me downstairs to find out." The water in the tub begins to drain as we make our way out of the bathroom.

"Mhm. I'm intrigued." I say as I walk backwards towards his closet.

"I bet you are." He smirks.

He makes his way back downstairs as I rummage through his closet for a hoodie. I find a plain white one and throw on some underwear.

I make my way downstairs, taking my time to admire Romans home. Every time I'm here I fall in love with it all over again.

His home is mostly dark interior with greens, grays, blacks, and browns. Even though it is a pretty big townhome he was able to make it very cozy inside.