Chapter 1

"Help!"

"Help!"

"Help! Help! The empress is poisoned," shouted a eunuch as he ran out of the empress's palace sweating with a face full of fear.

The Emperor  Dong Hua Dijun was in his study stressed from the earlier morning meeting with the different ministers. They kept telling him how he has yet to birth an heir for the thrown. He was reluctant to let one of the women in his harem carry his kids as they were all manipulative liars.

The only person he could trust was his empress Fei Jinghe as she had yet to fight for his attention. He does have someone who he loves which is the Saintess Bai Fengjiu, the daughter of his mentor and friend General Bai Yi. However, because of her status as saintess he is unable to make her his consort.

Thinking of the saintess brought a bad feeling in him as it's been three months since he's last seen her. The last time they met he copulated with her and days later found himself doing the same with his empress. 

He thought it was because of this that she refuse to meet with him and when she did she kept her distance and left afterwards. As much as he wanted to disband the harem and make the woman he loves his only wife, he would but sadly her status as the nation's treasure won't allow him.

Sighing out of frustration the Emperor close the memorials to take a breathe when the Head Eunuch Lin ran into his study. Dong Hua looked at the trembling man in anger not liking that he was disturbed. All the eunuch could do was tremble in terror while kneeling.

"Gre.....greetings your majesty," he stuttered.

Seeing the fear on his face Emperor Dong Hua asked what's the matter after telling his to rise.

"Your majesty the empress was poisoned by the saintess," he said as he dropped to the ground in fear when the emperor slammed his hand down on the table.

Not wasting a second Dong Hua ran out of the study and headed to the empress's chambers with his guards and eunuch at his feet. He knew there was no way Fengjiu would do something like that. However, he had to go see if his empress was really poisoned.

"The Emperor is here," announced a eunuch as everyone went on their knees or bowed standing up to show respect to the sun of the empire.

The Emperor walked into the room to see his empress looking pale lying down on her bed as a doctor was checking her pulse.  Jinghe laid on the bed with her eyes closed breathing slowly as her hand maiden stood by the bed with tears running down her face. 

The doctor got up and turned to his majesty as he said, " Your majesty forgive this lowly servant as I am unable to identify the poison that was used." He then delivered a more horrifying news which shocked the whole palace to its core. " I would also like to say that the child is lost as well," he finished as the emperor dismissed him.

He then turned to see his now awoken empress Jinhe eyes fluttering as tears fell from her eyes. The woman was crying because of the news she woke up and heard about her loosing her child.

"My empress why didn't you tell me you were pregnant?" he asked as he wiped the tears off her face with his sleeves.

"My lord I wanted to surprise you today when you had finished your meeting but the saintess," she started only to stop fearing how the emperor would feel if she continued her sentence.

"What about the saintess?" he asked now alerted.

"It's nothing my lord."

Turning to the servants he shouted getting angry, " Someone speak."