chapter ten: an insane plan

Start from the beginning

     He sat there on my driveway and stayed silent as I would drink the alcohol in my left hand, and shoot the basketball in my right. Over and over again I would switch between making three pointers to drinking the liquid in my hand. He stayed with me that night. Not laying into me for messing up, but just was in my presence when I beat myself up for it.

     So yeah that picture looks like a great memory, but there is always more to the story.

     I can't help thinking about that as I look at the countless of news articles that feature pictures of Tayla and I outside of the breakfast place. I finally got the chance to check my phone and for fucks sake, she really wasn't kidding about this whole news out break. Every single notification that pops up is another station picking up the story of us and to make matters even worse, now they are featuring pictures of us at the training facility.

I couldn't shut the door fast enough. Gently grabbing Tayla's arm I begin to march us away from the clear entrance doors and back to right outside the doors of the court away from the reporters view. Those maggots have no way of getting inside the center but I'm sure as hell that won't stop them from zooming in the lens through the doors to get more shots. "Why are they here!?" Tayla whines when we finally are out of site from the entrance.

     "Probably to get a few more shots of the new hot upcoming couple." I smirk and her and she crosses her arms and shoots me a look of disapproval.

     "Noah. How come any time I find myself with you my face is either attached to yours or being photographed?" She asks sternly which my body chooses to ignore and my stomach flips at the mention of us kissing. It settles pretty damn quick when her words of regret fill my head again.

     "I don't know midge." I shrug. "These idiots have been following me around since the beginning of my career. Anytime I find myself around a chick with a rack there they are, flashing bright ass lights in my face." My eyes quickly flicker to her chest when I mention a rack but snap back up when I realize she caught me in the act.

     She blushes momentarily before shaking it off. "How did they even know I was here though? They don't know anything about me, not even my name, it makes no sense that they would of known I was here with you." She sighs.

     I run a hand through my hair. "Those fuckers always have someone squatting outside of the center. Typically they don't get anything good cause it's just the boys and me going through. Sometimes they will jump us and try to ask questions about some shit that's going on but that's usually all the action they get. Somebody probably saw you enter and recognized your face so they tipped off other reporters that you were here."

     We both stand next to each other and lean against the wall. Tayla closes her eyes and places her head against the wall. She groans smacks her hand over her face. "My car is parked in the front. There is no way I can get out of here unnoticed unless I suddenly gain the power of invisibility in the next few seconds."

     "Good plan. It would be a shame for the world to be hidden from that pretty face though gorgeous." I freeze as soon as the words leave my mouth. I should not be flirting with this chick, even if though flirting comes so naturally to me.

     She once again ignores my words, showing her clear uninterest in me. "Got a plan to get me out of here hot shot?" She asks.

     I think for a moment before an idea hits me. "My car is parked in the back. I told the boys I would practice for about another hour, but afterwards I could drive you to your place. They have no way of getting to the back parking lot so we would leave unnoticed." I suggest.