Who was the masked man?

" We must break our rules and do this because now it is about my pride and honor that I've held high for thousands for years. " He looked at me.
I didn't understand what he meant, but I knew he wanted to put me in trouble or pain. Maybe he wanted to kill me, was it even possible?
I was a spirit, not a human!
Could the Burnthounds kill a spirit?
Or DESTROY a spirit?

One of the Burnthounds grabbed my throat and lifted me in the air. I kicked my legs and tried to push open his fingers from the deadly lock around my neck.
The air started drifting away from my lungs, I gasped once, twice then thrice, but no air came in. The Burnthound's black hand was glowing with an outline of red. He was performing some sort of magic on me that was taking away my strength. I tugged at his iron bar-shaped fingers with every bit of strength left in me. At one point, I felt my neck would be squashed by the force.
My tongue came out and eyes started bulging from their sockets. Tears rolled down my cheeks and I knew now, that it was possible to kill a spirit, and that was exactly what Tranqlord was doing.
My vision blurred, the clouds beyond were now just a faded white and grey. The faces of the Burnthounds were just black with two red spots on them. I stopped tugging at his fingers and didn't kick around anymore. I knew it was a few more moments until death welcomed me finally, and there would be no going to any afterlife from here. I remembered when I was shot back at Earth, and I had left that life in the same way.
Death crawled my neck from the glowing black hand, and all hope to ever live freely was gone, when a faint male voice reached my ears.
" Let him go... "
I was thrown on the ground, not forcefully, but just dropped carelessly. The soothing air started filling up my lungs, and I heard people fighting. Something crashed against someone, and there was a distant roar.
" Bloody Titan! " I heard Tranqlord yelling, and there was more hitting and blasting the rocks to bits.
The Sorrowbender snapped and my body hovered over the surface like I was as light as a feather. I started rising higher when something caught my leg and I stopped. I looked down, it was Tranqlord, his emotions filled with rage. I recollected all my strength and kicked him hard across the face, which felt to him like wind had swept past his lips.
Lord Mesihall banged his staff on Tranqlord's skull and he went toppling down the cliff, into the open mouth of the volcano. Two heavily injured Burnthounds stood there, gritting their teeth. They fled before Lord Mesihall could cast any spell on them.
I wasn't rising anymore. I was only hovering in mid-air.
Lord Mesihall put one of his arms under my shoulder and flew towards the cloudy sky. I felt a funny feeling in my stomach as the air-swept past my body. We were flying towards the twinkling doorway of the afterlife, where my friends had already gone. Lord Mesihall took me through the blinding light that came through it and dropped me gently on my feet. I landed on the bouncy clouds, where two doors stood firmly facing each other. One of them would lead me to the Afterlife prison, and the other one, to a probably better place.

" You shall go to the world you deserve to be in, Chris Loreins, " said Lord Mesihall with a faint smile. I noticed a streak of blue-colored blood on his forehead. He had indeed been hurt badly during the brawl.
" Thank you, " I nodded and moved towards the other door that was shut. Lord Mesihall turned to go back to the Afterlife prison, when I urged, " wait, " he turned around and looked at me.
" When I died on Earth, I came here and met a masked man, who led me to that prison. He said he was the guide" I pointed to the open doorway, " If I wasn't meant to be in that place, why did he tell me to go there? "
Lord Mesihall looked suspiciously at me and said, " Chris Loreins of the Earth, there are no guides here in the Afterlife. " I was taken aback.
" But I really met one! "
" What did he look like? " he stepped forward.
" He wore a black mask and a black cloak, as far as I can remember. " I told him. Lord Mesihall sighed deeply and crossed his arms.
" Chris Loreins, when somebody dies on Earth, their parallel form on Zark389 dies, too. The humans of these two planets are completely opposite to each other. This means, that your parallel copy did many foul deeds in his lifetime that caused his name to be registered in the records of Afterlife prison. When you came to this place, he befooled you and sent you to the Afterlife prison so that you could carry out his punishment, while he would be safe and happy at the River of Angels, where originally you were meant to go, " he pointed his finger at me.
I was taken aback.
All this time, the one spirit who had sent me to the prison was my own parallel version. He tricked me and befooled me.
" But - how - how do you know it was him? " I asked.
" Oh that's simple! " he said, moving back towards the open doorway, " the black mask and black clothes are the traditional essentials of Zark389. When they land up here, they usually appear in that attire. " He smiled at me and winked. I nodded and looked at the closed door before me.
" Where is he now? The Chris Loreins from Zark389? "
" He is right through that door, enjoying the pleasures of the Afterlife that were meant for you, Chris Loreins of the Earth. You must go there and prove your identity. "
" And how am I supposed to do that? "
" Tell them, ' Lord Mesihall of the Council of Titans sent me here.' I shall take your leave now. "
" No - wait! " I urged, " When we were running away from the Burnthounds, we found a great serpent in the depths of the dungeons. He said he belonged to the Titans and he was trapped there since thousands of ages. "
Lord Mesihall's mouth dropped open.
" What are you saying? The serpent lived? "
" Yeah! The Burnthounds trapped him in the dungeons and he's been waiting ever since to be rescued. "
" Thank you, Chris Loreins of the Earth," he smiled widely, " you've returned us our lost treasure. " He said and jumped from the doorway and disappeared out of sight. I could hear his yells of excitement as if a kid had gotten back his lost puppy.
I had to prove my identity on the other side of the door. All of this chaos wasn't yet over, but I was happy to be out of the prison. My friends must be beyond that door too. I sighed and wrapped my fingers around the golden doorknob. I turned it and opened the door to a flashing blue light, eager to see the River of angels.
I was relieved and thought my troubles were at an end, but I must say I was wrong, 'cause for me, the troubles had just begun.