Innocent or Guilty?

" I shall not warn you again, Tranqlord, " he continued, " The Council of Titans is here for serious business. Had it not been for Homenof, we would've taken the matter directly into our hands WITHOUT consulting you. "
Tranqlord's mouth dropped slightly.
" What do you mean ' taken the matter directly into your hands ' "? His voice shook, " are you insulting the judge of the Afterlife? Or are you threatening Tranqlord, the greatest Burnthound of all ages? "
The Titan in the Purple cloak chuckled.
" All I mean is that if we don't get the answers that we're looking for, " Lord Mesihall gripped his staff tighter, " I must tell you seriously, we will have to take over this land, even if force is required to do so. "

There was silence amongst them after Lord Mesihall gave his final warning to Tranqlord. We were all so engrossed in the conversation, that we didn't start moving to the right side.
The Titan in the dark blue cloak was silent all this time. But now he spoke, and when he did, I wished he hadn't spoken at all and I cursed myself.

" I want you people to notice, that we aren't alone. " His voice fell like ice on my ears.
" Huh? " Tranqlord turned to him, looking around furiously, we hid ourselves behind the trees, my heart now pounding in my chest. I looked over to the next tree, Brandon looked dead scared too. We didn't want to be caught at any cost! This was our only chance to escape.
On the other side, Yormen and Stank exchanged terrified looks. Maybe a harsh beating was approaching us. I looked at the Sorrowbender around my neck and prayed for it to save me when the Burnthounds would kick the life out of me.

A bluish mist rose from the ground, startling us all. Everyone was quiet, too scared to move. The bluish mist crawled up my legs to my torso. It made its way into my nostrils, and I felt I'd never smelled something so pure. As if a thousand flowers of heart whelming scent had been put in one bottle and it had been transformed into this bluish mist. It started to crawl its foamy nature up my arms and face, and I lost control of my legs. I fell forward, but I did not hit the hard ground or the roots. Instead, I landed on something bouncy. In the next blink of eye, Yormen, Stank, and Brandon were right next to me, trapped in the smoky blue bubble. We could see through it as it rose from the ground and made its way past the shining trees to the clearing, where the Burnthounds and the Titans were waiting for us. My heart was hammering in my chest. The blue mist bubble took us closer to the clearing, and all the eyes were now fixed upon us.
" What the hell are they doing here? " Homenof muttered to himself. The bubble took us past the trees, into the clearing and settled softly on the ground before them. We were at their foot level. Tranqlord was furiously staring at us, his fist clenched tightly.
" Who are you? " asked the Titan in a deep blue cloak. He had short blonde hair and black eyes. A golden crown engraved with diamonds rested on his scalp. We didn't speak. We were scared to say anything.
" They're bloody prisoners! " spat Tranqlord, " criminals, scoundrels! "
My heart burnt with rage. Anger crawled up my skin and it was impossible for me to hold back my tongue.
" That's not true! " I blurted out. I couldn't stand anybody calling me a criminal, because I wasn't one. I was a reputed soldier of my country. Nobody could call me names like that!
" What did you say? " Tranqlord bent before us. His silvery mask shone in my eyes. I knew he wanted to beat me up because I'd spoken against him. He would throw me down the cliff or the volcano for what I'd said.
But how could he kill someone who was already dead?
" I am not a criminal! Your judgment for me was unfair, " I looked into his eyes that burnt brightly due to anger. Brandon grasped my arm so that I wouldn't mess up anymore. But I guess things were already messier than they seemed.
" Who the hell are you? " Homenof interrupted us.
" I am Captain Chris Loreins from Earth, " I said, and it was possibly the best thing I did so far.
" What? He's from Earth? You hold prisoners from Earth? " The Titan in purple cloak asked Tranqlord.
" How dare you hold prisoners from Earth? " Lord Mesihall stepped before me. I could see the fine white silk of his cloak flying behind him.
" He lies! " cried Tranqlord, " his name was in our records! He is from Zark389. "
" I am not! " I revolted, " he also convicted me of the crimes that I have never committed, and my trial ended before a couple of minutes could pass away. "
" Shut up or I'll take the Sorrowbender away from you, " Tranqlord threatened me, " that's what keeping you in place despite all the beati - oh - or I must say - hardships, isn't it? " He smiled wickedly.
" Homenof, I want the truth. " Lord Mesihall turned to him, " is it true what this man says? Did his trial end in less than two minutes? "
" I already said he lies! " Tranqlord yelled.
" Do not raise your voice! " The Titan in purple cloak warned him.  " Homenof? "
" Yes, sir," said Homenof, " his trial ended without a proper investigation. I was there, and I tried to stop Tranqlord, but he wouldn't budge. "

Lord Mesihall turned to Tranqlord, who was staring angrily at Homenof.
" So, it's true then."
Tranqlord turned his face away.
" You did not organize any investigation in his case, " Lord Mesihall pointed a finger at me, " and you passed the judgment? Did you even try to make sure if he's really from Zark389 or not? "