THIRTEEN

Hoffman could still hear Strahm's screams.

When he finished up the night, everything had gone as planned. Strahm had not gotten in the glass coffin, but instead attacked Hoffman and threw him in, securing Hoffman's safety and his own death. He watched Strahm die. The room closed in on him and he was smushed until he was unrecognizable.

The glass coffin had done a number on his back though, and giving Abby that bullshit story was risky. He wasn't even sure she believed him.

Strahm had luckily grabbed onto the grate above the room and his hand was salvageable, so he took the hand and decided to hide it in a cooler in his trunk. The next game would have to happen within the next day or two. Along with the people from the group trap, John had left information about two money lenders. He would set up their game tonight.

Only two people involved in the fire survived, but barely. Both were in critical condition but had been moved to stable sometime in the morning.

Erickson now suspected Strahm as the Jigsaw apprentice, so if Hoffman could keep it that way, he would be golden. Like he said in the tape, his legacy would die with Strahm.

Until he remembered there were envelopes that Jill was holding onto.

If he could get all of this done quickly while they suspected Strahm, he could continue to plant fingerprints and insure his safety from the fbi.

He was almost in the clear.

Once all the games were done and Strahm was the only suspect, he would 'go missing' and never be heard from again. Then the days of jigsaw will officially come to an end.

He could live peacefully.

____________

Abby watched Mark as he poured himself a cup of coffee. She couldn't get the glass shard out of her head, and she decided enough was enough.

"Hey Mark?"

"Yes?"

"Did that really happen? What you said happened?"

"Me going through a window?"

"Yeah." Abby bit her thumbnail nervously. Mark set the coffee pot down and sighed.

"Why do you ask?"

Her suspicions were immediately heightened.

"Because I don't think a paramedic would clear you, or even let you go in your state. I just wanna know what's going on," Abby explained.

Mark walked toward her and leaned on the island next to her. "Yes, it did happen. The paramedic that took care of me just didn't do a good job."

Abby nodded slowly.

"Abby, I promise that's what happened."

She nodded again, giving him a small smile. "Okay, I believe you."

He pecked her on the forehead. "They did say I have to go to work for a bit tonight as well. Short shift, they wanna talk about what happened and all the jigsaw stuff. They're suspecting there's another apprentice and we might have a lead."

That peaked Abby's interest. "Oh really? They might find out who it is?"

"Yes. I can't tell you who, but we have a suspect in mind."

"Darn. Okay."

He ran his hand through her hair, then cupped her face. "It's almost over."

Abby sighed.