TWO

Special Agent Peter Strahm had been through a lot.

When he got to Metropolitan City, he realized just how bad everything truly was. Detective Hoffman had lost many of the department leads, and seemed to be the likely next target. When the game with Rigg happened, he was the one behind the scenes, figuring out what was going on while simultaneously interrogating Jill Tuck for answers.

However, when he went to Gideon's, he was not expecting what he found.

Strahm went on his own, due to Perez suffering from Jigsaw-related injuries. Maybe it was his anger from this that had him so riled up and impatient, because he didn't wait for backup to go into the building.

Strahm was the one who found John Kramer and Amanda Young's bodies.

Using the key from the 'open the door and you will find me' note, he was able to unlock the door that led to Jigsaw. The scene was something out of a horror movie. Jeff had confronted Strahm about Corbett, then aimed a gun at him, so Strahm shot him before he could hurt him. Once Jeff was dead, he saw that John Kramer's throat had been slit, Amanda had been shot, and Lynn Denlon's head was completely gone due to the explosive collar around her neck.

It was horrifying. Strahm kept his cool, but it freaked him out.

When the door slammed behind him, he jumped and flipped around, ready to kill whoever it was. But no one was there, and the lights went out.

Strahm was able to find another door and a tape that was somehow meant for him. He was told to stay put, to not try and escape, but Strahm said "fuck you" and kept going.

Strahm kept moving, only to be attacked by a masked man. He didn't know who it was, but he had his suspicions already.

Strahm woke up with his head in a clear, glass box.

He struggled to get out as the box filled with water. The aim was to drown Strahm, but he was smart enough to grab his pen and stab himself in the neck, then breathe through the tube of the pen. The temporary tracheostomy kept him alive until the authorities arrived.

Now, he was in the hospital, recovering from his neck wound.

Perez had been transferred, but it wasn't looking good. A Billy puppet's face had exploded and the shards had gone into her face and neck.

He was pissed.

What was Detective Hoffman hiding? How was he the only one to escape without any injuries?

Something was definitely up, and Strahm was going to find the answer.

_________________

Mark woke up at two in the afternoon the following day.

It was odd, being able to sleep for ten hours uninterrupted. Abby wasn't next to him when he woke up, so he checked the time and was surprised to see how late it was.

He threw the covers off of him and slowly got up. Why the hell was he so sore?

Mark walked out into the living room and looked around. He was still groggy and as a result almost ran into the table as he made his way to the kitchen.

Abby was there, sipping on coffee. She always hated it, but she had begun to grow used to the bitter taste. She always poured an excessive amount of sugar and milk into it, so it barely had any coffee taste.

Mark walked up behind her and held her arms gently, kissing the top of her head. "Good... afternoon."

She blinked, then checked her watch. "Oh dang! I didn't even realize it was this late! Good afternoon!"