Chapter 1

Ahh!! The day has finally arrived. It's 3 am, time to read Fajr salah. Today is going to be my last day in Pakistan. I make wudu and read my Fajr salah. "Ya Allah, Aaj ka safar humare liye please asaan banaana." I ask Allah in my dua.
[oh Allah, please make today's journey easy for us]

After reading salah I take out some clothes and head to the bathroom. I am wearing a cute black top with blue high rise jeans, a beanie, Chelsea boots and a small jacket. An Airport fashion look. Today I am leaving Pakistan for good. We are moving to the USA.

My step-father lives there and because I am a single woman, I will be shifting with my mom and younger sister to the USA. The past year has been a really tough one, but in sha Allah this new journey will be one filled with happiness. I always keep my faith in Allah.

After I shower I head to the kitchen to find my mom and my sister  eating halwa, puri and channe. (a popular pakistani breakfast consisting of fried Indian bread or fried roti, a sweetmeat and chickpeas curry). Ok, they know what they are doing. I join my mom and sister and enjoy my halwa puri thinking about whether there will be a next time where we sit together and eat our favourite vendors halwa puri.

After breakfast we start getting our luggage ready. It's currently 6 am and our flight is at 8:30 am. I sit and zone out  just thinking about the past few years. I wonder where it all went wrong.

Was it when I agreed to marry Afat?
Or was it when his sister died?
Or was it when my biological father came back to Pakistan after 14 years?
Or was it when he went to Mozambique when my oldest sister got married?
I don't know. You see when I was 8 years old my oldest sister, Shawaal got married and she moved to Mozambique. 2 months later my father followed her to Mozambique and stayed there for 14 years. I was very close to Shawaal. She was like my mother. But I lost her and so did I lose my dad. For 14 years my mom and other older sisters took care of me. They fed me and clothed me. They let me pursue a degree in art and they supported me with my blogging career. But my dad showed up one day. It's not like we lost communication or anything since he lived with Shawaalin Mozambique, but he showed up without telling anyone, even shawaal didn't know. 2 weeks in everything was good, he went back to Mozambique to wrap up everything and came back a few days later. But life started going down hill from there. We fought almost every single day on where I'm going, what I'm doing etc. But 3 months later we heard about our cousins health. Fazima had brain cancer. Fazima was Shawaals best friend and so it was devastating for our family. Fazima started losing her speech and was bed ridden. Doctors had put her on the ventilator and had informed us that she has a few days to live. A few days later I got a call from Afat, Fazima's younger brother. He called to ask for my permission to send his hand in marriage for me. I told him to give me a day to think about it. I spoke to Shawaal and she was overjoyed. You see Afat was Fazima's child just like how I was Shawaals child. When the children of 2 best friends might get married then what could be better news. Shawaal gave me a green sign and I told Afat I agreed. Fazima would be so happy. A day later Afats mom called my mom to ask for my hand and everyone agreed. 2 weeks later Afat and his family arrived in Pakistan and we had our engagement and Nikkah. You see, Afat lives in the USA and so before we could have had our rukhsati he needs to make me eligible to be able to legally enter USA.
But 1 month later Fazima passes away. She was happy with our marriage but she was completely paralyzed and they had to take her off of the ventilator. Shawaal was in shock and she had going crazy, crying and screaming all day for a good 2 weeks. Shawaals daughters kept us updated, but we didn't know what to do. 1month later everything is almost back to normal. I still had fights with my father all the time. Afat sent me gifts back and forth all the time. But.....

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Okay I am so sorry guys. I finally posted the 1st chapter but it took me forever. I have been really busy, we have this family friend camp coming up and we have to get things ready for that. I have been out shopping and baking for the trip I hardly get the time to write. We were alread invited somewhere every single day and now the annual camp is coming up which is super stressful.

Anyways I hoped yall liked the 1st chapter. I had to start somewhere. Well what you think happens after "but... "

There are actually 2 hints in this chapter. Lol if u figure it out u a genius. Okay I'm exaggerating but whatever.
Anyways please share this book with your friends and family and kindly please VOTE.
Thank you sm

Unedited

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Dec 23, 2021 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Khwabeeda Sukoon जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें