one

iris valentine

2:32pm

my phone vibrated on my lap, interrupting me from watching 500 days of summer. i groaned as i paused the movie, stopping at the scene when tom and summer were at ikea. without checking the caller ID, i answered with a "what do you want?"

"well i just wanted to know if you're home..." my best friend, vanessa replied. i knew she rolled her eyes at me by the way she replied.

"of course i am." i shut my laptop and set it beside my blanket covered legs, on my bed. "what's up?"

"i'm bored." she dragged out the 'o' and i chortled at her childish response. "wait. wanna meet up?" i shrugged to myself.

"yeah, meet me at starbucks in 10." i hung up and removed the blanket off my legs before standing up, leaving my cacoon behind. i threw on a maroon sweatshirt on, put my leggings on and slipped on my black vans.

i brushed my long brown hair and threw it in a messy bun before grabbing my phone, wallet and car keys before leaving.

after parking my car, i hopped out and pushed the door to the little coffee shop, making the workers look up and greet me.

i find vanessa sitting by the window with her small notebook and coffee on the table. "hey, i'm gonna get a drink." i greeted her.

"hey and go ahead." she smiled before i put my stuff down.

i walked over to the counter and a boy with brown eyes and brown fluffy hair stood across me on the otherside of the counter. "what would you like for today?" he smiled with his teeth showing and i felt my cheeks heat before thinking.

"uh...i'll have a pumpkin spiced latte." i said trying to sound cool but it came out as a question. he nodded and after a few seconds we stood silent. he looked at me with his eyebrows raised and i looked at him confused.

"what size would you want it to be in?" he chortled.

"i'm so sorry, i'll just get a... grande." i mentally punched my face for trying to be cool. he pulled out a cup and held a marker in his hand.

"what's your name?" the good looking barista asked me.

i felt myself get nervous after the embarrassing moment. "iris."

he smiled again and i paid for my drink. after a minute or two, he handed the cup back with a tissue and i smiled.

"pumpkin spiced latte for iris." he smirked and i thanked him before sitting down with vanessa.

"what was that?" she asked after sipping her drink.

"what was what?"

"that. he was looking at you with that damn cute smile." she raised her eyebrows.

"what?" i asked her after noticing that her mouth shut and her eyes have been staring at my direction with wide eyes.

her eyes directed to my cup and i turned it around to where my name was supposed to be written on. instead of seeing the plain old "iris" written on there, i saw one of the sweetest things i have read.

"for the most beautiful girl i'll see today."

››

lets just pretend that the pumpkin spiced latte is available from aug to october because i don't know anything about starbucks heh

i hoped you enjoyed the first chapter! i know it's pretty short but the next few chapters will be longer than this one.

vote and comment your feedback :-)

© to intrication for the idea :-)