All in a Day's Care: Return

"Oh dear-I forgot that it's almost time to reopen! Maybe next time, young Y/N!" Sun was alerted right away when his internal alarms ticked along with the announcement.

You wiped a nonexistent sweat off of you, as Sun got off topic from what he wanted you to explain earlier.

Sun guided you back to the main entrance of the Pizzaplex. Though, you could feel something was a bit off of him.

Moon, he was also strange too. One moment he's a psychotic robot, the other he's relatively sane.

"My parents will fetch me, of course with my brother." You groaned.

The Daycare animatronic ruffled your head softly.

"If you can't handle your brother just ask your good ol' pal Sunny to do so!" He made you take note of his services.

"Alright-alright! Hehe." You giggled, maybe you both could prank your sibling once he enters the Daycare.

"Very well then! The entrance just opened up and I'm quite sure they're waiting outside for ya!"

Just then, a bunch of familiar figures came to enter.

"Y/N! You're alive!" The child's sibling shouted in joy before engulfing them into a big hug.

"Of course I am! What made you think that?!"

"Well I h-heard-oh..." The boy trailed off as he just noticed the Sun mascot standing and staring right behind you.

"Is that-Sundrop?" The youngster questioned.

"Sundrop is the name of my line of candy. Buuut~! You can call me Sun!"

"Or Sunny-"

"Shhh-only Y/N is allowed to call me that! Besides, we've been best, best-BEST of friends ever since we met each other!" Sun intervened.

"Special treatment already? Darn-"

"Hoo-hoo! Not with that attitude of yours! I've been told that you got Y/N into this mess in the first place!"

"Nah-I-"

"You. Did. WHAT-now?!" The father of both children demanded an explanation.

"Brother made me play hide and seek in the lobby. Nothing to be mad about-" You piped in.

"I want his explanation, you've been too kind with your brother. After all, this little boy had a different story to tell." The man interrupted.

"Did your brother do this to you too then?" Your mom held the bandages all over you.

"I-got this while-finding a good hiding spot-"

"Grghh..." You heard a familiar growl behind you which made you tense up. But it wasn't loud enough for your parents to hear.

"Ridiculous! You should be more careful next time, then. Now come on. I've had enough from both of you today." Your mother scolded you both.

"W-wait! I have to say goodbye to Sunny!" Y/N pleaded.

"Fine, but make it quick. You have a lot to do at home. Especially, in catching up on your absence in school." She agreed.

Y/N nodded and thanked their mother before facing the supposed happy-go-lucky bot.

"Sun...? Are you alright?" The child approached the once golly lad.

"I-I am! Nothing to fuss over! But I, have a feeling that-that something else happened t-to you." The Daycare animatronic thought out loud. Sitting on the floor as he was analysing it.

"No-I was just being clumsy! If you feel uneasy, I will be back as soon as I can." The kid reassured the concerned bot.

"R-really?" Sun couldn't believe it.

"Haha-of course I would!" Y/N immediately hugged the yellow mascot, making the robot be caught off guard.

"I.. can't-I can't say how grateful, I am!" Sundrop squealed in excitement, returning the gesture.

"No need to-hehe!" You nuzzled into him more.

"Y/N. It's time to go now." The child's maternal caretaker reminded them.

"Yes, mom. I'll be back-after a minute-"

"Y/N-"

"Come on love. It's not everyday you get to see our young one be this happy and close to somebody or something." Your father winked at you as he reasoned with your mother.

"Ew." Your brother said in disgust.

"You want to join in too?" You teased your sibling.

"Nah. I'd rather go with Monty or Glamrock Freddy."

"Well, he's rather rude." Sun mumbled as his hold tightened for a moment.

"Haha-don't let it get to you. You have me as your number 1 fan, anyways!" Y/N giggled.

"Now, now, that's enough." Your mom piped in, indicating that you have passed your 1 minute promise.

"Okay! Well, see ya soon Sunny!" You waved off as you left the mall.

"You too, Y/N!" The Daycare attendant waved back.

Once you left, Sundrop just stood there.

Seemingly waiting for something.

Waiting for an answer.

"Sun, why are you here?" A familiar voice called out from behind.

"O-oh! I just-just... I was excited to see the children coming in is all, Glamrock Freddy!" He chuckled nonchalantly.

"Hehe. I am too. Though, I... haven't thought you would be right by the entrance to greet kids. Especially this early." The lead singer observed.

"I couldn't contain myself in that same sad room. No need to worry! I'll be back to my place in a jiffy!" Sunny hopped on, past the bear rockstar, to return to his balcony.

"Well, tell me if you want to join in with us!" Glamrock Freddy waved off as Sun did the same too.

The animatronic pulled himself back up to his designation, his own room. Unseen and free from being monitored by cameras, bots, and people.

"Grrgh. Damn you-DAMN YOU!" The Daycare attendant furiously flung objects around.

"Why didn't you tell them. Grr-WHY?!" He yelled, blinded by rage.

Though, the same familiar drawing of a child and a jolly attendant made him stop.

"...why?" The Daycare mascot picked up the paper.

"Why did this happen... to me?" His voice was all the more hoarse.

The place was a stark contrast to the caretaker's ideals of clean and orderly.

It wasn't bright.

Nor was it fun to be in.

"Please... come back..."