Code: Dumbass (Again)

Start from the beginning

Y/n rolled her eyes before she said, "It may have been a bust for you, but I just found Kyoka."

Dazai opened his eyes and leaned over her shoulder before he said, "And where is our little murderous girl hiding?"

"Don't talk about her like that, and looks like a camera last saw her near a pedestrian bridge that crosses the river and-- wait-- is that Atsushi?"

Dazai grabbed the computer from her before he examined the figures in the camera shot. It was a camera from a nearby power pole, so the figures were pretty grainy, but that was definitely the weretiger.

"That is definitely our rabbit girl and our tiger boy... but that other guy is someone I don't recognize. Can you get audio off this camera?"

Y/n felt her lips smile at the nicknames he had given to the two while shaking her head and saying, "No, but I can pull from Atsushi's phone."

As she spoke, her database flashed to life in front of them as she handed one of her earbuds to Dazai.

On the screen, Atsushi stood hunched over while sitting on the ground and Kyoka stood between him and an unknown figure.  The unknown was probably foreign based on his tall build and blond hair with pale skin.  Neither could make out the details, but Y/n already had Database running his face through recognition software to identify him.

"Listen, girly, your ability isn't made for saving.  It's meant for stealing, killing, and quite frankly destroying.  So, give up this act and hand over my little tiger boy."

Y/n was infuriated at the man's words, and she quickly said, "Database, call Kyoka and force answer it on her phone, place me on speaker."

After a few seconds of silence, Y/n could hear the girl's archaic phone ring before the sound of the call being accepted rang out.

"Demon Snow-- keep him away from them!"

The tiger and the rabbit's eyes widened at the words that spoke from Kyoka's phone without her even answering the call.  True to the commander's words, Kyoka's ability came to life from her phone and the mysterious Demon Snow appeared.  With its sword drawn, Demon Snow stood steadfast between the two teens and the unknown attacker.  Then, the voice from her phone, that the pair recognized as Y/n spoke to them once again.  

"Kyoka— don't listen to this guy.  Remember that the same things were said about my ability, but I've done more good than evil with it.  He's just upset that a little girl got the best of him when you came up behind him.  Now, please come home, I'll make you some tofu.  Doesn't that sound nice?"

The man raised an eyebrow at the sudden voice that broke the intense atmosphere of the encounter.  Before he could get closer to the teenagers, Demon Snow dashed forward, causing him to take the defensive as it began to fight him.  After a few punches were exchanged, the girl's ability disappeared and he turned to look back at the girl and the tiger, only to see them gone.

He tsked as he shoved his hands into his pockets and said, "Well, that wasn't in the plan."

He took his phone from his pocket and began to write a message to the strategist of his group, before he could press send, he got a call from an unknown number.  He went to decline it, after all the Great Fitzgerald had no time to waste on peasants known as spam callers.

But, when he pressed the little red icon that should have ended his call, the phone clicked to life as if he had accepted it.  Then, he saw the speaker icon flash on without his finger pressing the icon that normally would activate that feature.

Someone is controlling my phone.

"Moshi, moshi!  I just wanted to let you know that if either of those kids has bruises on them when they get home tonight, I won't rest until your entire organization is sunk to the bottom of the sea.  I'll also personally make sure  you and everything you love joins it there for all eternity."

Click

An irk mark appeared on his forehead as he adjusted his text to his strategist. 

They are working with someone who is not in your report.  Find out everything you can about this person, now.
-sent

He set the phone back in his pocket before he said, "Now, let's go hunt down a tiger."

Y/n was currently tracking Atsushi's tracker all while she had Kunikida on the phone informing him of where to find the pair.   He was the only agent available and in a vehicle at the time of the attack, and she was nowhere calm enough to be giving orders.

"No, you big dope! I said left—left!!"

"Well, apparently your left and my left are not the same, Y/n-san!"

Dazai was sitting silently on the bed while lost in deep thought. Y/n could tell his mind was racing with the different possibilities of what could happen as a result of this little chase the teenagers found themselves in, and she also had faith that he would find a way out of this plan with the least amount of backfire possible.  

"Kunikida-san, why aren't you moving anymore!?"

"Because there is traffic!"

"Then shoot some warning shots into the air and scare people away!"

"Oh my God, you're actually insane underneath all the common sense, Y/n!"

Dazai spoke up from the pair before he said, "I think I know their plan... Y/n, I need you too look up the trackers that the Port Mafia is tracing. You still have access to their files, right?"

She nodded her head and almost instantly said, "Here. Database is showing their files on the left screen."

Dazai leaned over and looked at the screen with squinted eyes while mumbling the names as his eyes skimmed over them.

"L... M.... N.... O .... P... Q!  Stop and track the first one is just called 'Q'."

Y/n quickly did as he had asked and within seconds a small red balloon appeared on a map— far outside the city.  It was near a mountainous area where very few people lived, and it was not far from where Y/n, Naomi, and Haruno were attacked. 

Y/n turned to look up to the handsome detective who was leaning over her and she asked him, "So, share your thoughts, Kunikida isn't going to want to wait any longer."

Dazai smiled at her home before he said, "I think they're going to use Q— the boy with the mind control ability— to throw the city into chaos."

...

...

...

"Well shit."

end chapter