06, teaching control and anchors

Start from the beginning

"No, just in general."

"Great. So he just wants revenge. That's bloody wonderful." Iylah said sarcastically, brushing her hand through her hair with a sigh. "Look, I'll talk to you later because I've got to get ready for school." Iylah sighed through the phone.

"Alright. I'll see you later."

"Bye. And don't even think about going near my groceries!" Iylah shouted down the phone before the call ended, making her huff in annoyance.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.───

Iylah had practically spent all morning at school with the girls since the boys were off doing their own thing. When lunch came around, Iylah sat with Lydia and Allison in the cafeteria, the latter of the three currently explaining to them about what was in the book she was holding.

"The what of who?" Iylah hummed, looking up at Allison before taking a bite of her food.

"The Beast of Gevaudan. Listen-" Allison glanced at the brown haired girl through her response, informing Lydia as well. She looked down at her book to continue reading aloud. "A quadruped wolf-like monster, prowling the Auvergne and South Dordogne areas of France during the year 1764 to 1767. La bête killed over a hundred people, becoming so infamous that the King Louis XV sent one of his best hunters to try and kill it."

"Boring." Lydia pointed out, having no interest in what Allison was reading. The Argent ignored her comment as she continued to read aloud. "Even the church eventually declared the monster a messenger of satan."

Lydia sighed once again. "Still boring."

"Cryptozoologists believe it may have been a subspecies of hoofed predator, possibly a mesonychid..."

"Slipping-into-a-coma bored." The Martin sighed again, mentally rolling her eyes, making Iylah nudge her in the arm, sending her a look. Upon realising what she said, Lydia sent her an apologetic look, in which Iylah sent her a smile of reassurance before the two turned their attention back to Allison.

"While others believe it was a powerful sorcerer who could shapeshift into a man-eating monster."

Lydia sighed. "Any of this have anything to do with your family?"

Allison nodded at the two girls before going to respond. "This. It is believed that La bête was finally trapped and killed by a renowned hunter who claimed his wife and four children were the first to fall prey to the creature. His name was Argent."

Iylah winced, looking away from Allison, unlike Lydia who sent Allison an unimpressed look before asking. "Your ancestors killed a big wolf. So what?"

Allison turned the book around so the girls could see the image on the page. "Not just a big wolf. Take a look at this picture. What does it look like to you?"

Like they were drawn to the picture, Lydia and Iylah both leant forward, staring at the photo that resembled the features of the alpha. Noticing the silence coming from the two, Allison furrowed her brows in question as she stared at the girls who were in a trance. "Lydia? Iylah? Girls!"

They snapped out of their trance, looking up at the Argent who stared at them in worry. Lydia was the first one to speak up, keeping up with the act as she spoke. "It looks... like a big... wolf."