Chapter 32: Prophecies, bows and gifts

Start from the beginning

I mouth to Lark about what's happening and she just nods and goes about getting her food. On the way out of the cafeteria I get a large amount of funny looks but I'm not sure why so brushing it aside I move along. Finally after a 5 minute walk we stop and sit down in an empty hallway.

"I heard it is your birthday in just under a week, I have a present I wanted to give you before then... Maybe on a date tonight?" Leon reaches up and scratches the nape of his neck nervously. The action made my wolf go crazy I could feel her bouncing around my head.

'SAY YES. SAY YES. SAY YES.' Jay was literally screaming in my head making my vision go blurry for a moment.

"Ok... What time?" I sigh but give him a polite smile.

"I'll pick you up at 5:30. Wear something you don't mind getting ruined, just something casual." He grins at me and something flickers through his eyes. Guilt maybe? But why would he be feeling guilty.

"Sounds good." I finish off my fruit salad just as the bell goes and I hop up with both Titan and Whisp following me. I scurry off before he can say anymore, I make my way to the battle gym for fight class. The long hallways feel never ending as I go down a flight of stairs and out to the back of the school. I nod and wave at a few students as I pass until I finally make it to the Battle Gym, the large building somewhat resembles the colosseum but modernised and with a roof that appears to be openable but its currently closed.

Making my way through the large barn style doors, I spot my friends all standing in a group in the corner. This class is a mixture of different year levels so Ej, Tristan, Lucas and Callum are all in this class with us along with Morgen, Britt otherwise known as Barbie and Britts right hand women, whose name I don't know.

In my year level there's all my friends; Blaze, Lark, Zim, Kyle, Clay, Logan, Ryker, Kalan and Thalium as well as my nemesis Julie and Elle and their little gang. The sound of clashing swords interrupts all the conversations in the room and we all turn our attention to Mr Fallansburg our fight teacher.

Laid out in front of him is a large selection of weapons, ranging from bows and arrows to a dagger or longsword.

"OK troops, today I want to get a feel for how you use each weapon, what your best is and what you need help on. We will have fights at the end between the best students for each category if we have time too." He claps his hands together and like every lesson we line up in a single long line all facing him.

"Wait, I nearly forgot. As today we are seeing what you are best with I would appreciate if everyone could go back to their houses and grab the weapons they are best with from their homes. I want everyone back in fifteen, If you're a minute late you will get a detention. Is that clear? Good. Go!" He barks the order and everyone races off, some at leisurely strolls others flat our sprinting.

I automatically shift into my great white wolf and nudge my friends along. Whisp, Cinder and Bullet stay seated in the corner where we told them to stay until we get back. Titan will also be staying as he can protect them a bit better as I've taught him to fight.

Zim shifts into her wolf too along with all the other werewolves in our group. The humans got on our backs while the Vampires ran alongside us, well except the four guys that don't live with us. They just jogged to their house which is slightly to far away for us to take them their.

With Blaze on my back, Kyle on Zim's, and Clay on Callum's we made our way home as fast as humanly possible. Wait no, not humanly, Werewolf-ly and Vampirely possible. Reaching home we set the humans down and trotted inside not bothering to shift yet because well most werewolves except myself shift back without clothes, which thanks but no.