~42~ sapnap

~nick pov~

I'm talking on the phone with Karl. I wanted to ask him if he wanted to come down to Florida for a bit. All of us living at the house have just seemed kind of distant, and I thought it would be a nice thing to get us all together. George and Clay liked my idea, so now I just had to call Karl and Alex.

The door to my room is slightly cracked open, so I can see George when he opens his. He doesn't bother looking in my direction, but he calls out to talk to me.

"I'm going down to eat sushi," he says to the direction of me room. He doesn't speak too loud, not because he's afraid I'm on the phone. He doesn't care about that at all. He talks a little quieter in hopes to eat my food.

"Thanks, I appreciate it," I answer to whatever Karl was saying. "I think I just heard George talking about dinner, and I don't want him eating my sushi. I'm going to go, but I'll talk to you later."

Karl giggles and says, "Bye, love you Nick."

~ ~ ~

Taegan rushes past me as she gets to the door.

"Where are you going?" I ask, looking up from my phone.

"I'm late to pick up George," She's out of breath. I think she ran down from my room. She was taking a nap upstairs and claimed that my bed is better than the one at her own house. "He went with Clay to that bar-b-que thing, but Clay can't take him home because he's spending the night there."

"It's George's fault." I roll my eyes. "He should learn how to drive."

"Doesn't matter," she huffs, "Where are my shoes?"

"Over there." I point towards the kitchen. She always leaves her shoes in the most random places.

My eyes stayed focus on her as she jogs over to the kitchen. He hair falls perfectly in front of her face as she sits on floor to tie her shoes. She sweeps it out of the way before it falls right back down. She retaliates against it again by putting all her hair over one shoulder.

She stand and does a single jump. I chuckle quietly at her way of breaking in her shoes.

She does these sorts of things a lot. She does little things that make me smile without her ever even knowing. Like right now, a smile is playing on my lips and she's not even focused on me.

"Keys," she mumbles to herself as she searches the area. Her eyes brighten as she spots them on the counter to her left.

She's gorgeous, and not just her outer appearances. Everything she does is beautiful. I don't even think she could be put into words. They just would never describe her well enough.

I used to think the whole 'beauty is on the inside and the out' was stupid, until I met Taegan. I never really full understood what internal beauty was until I saw how much Taegan loved and cared for everyone. She's someone that everyone should look up to.

"Alright I'm leaving," Taegan says as she starts to walk out the door.

"Bye, love you," I reply absentmindedly.

She stops dead in her tracks. She sets the keys down on the table by the door. "What did you say?"

I stay frozen in my seat. We've never said those words before. I meant them. I meant them with everything inside of me, and I have for a long time. It's just that they've never been spoken out loud before.

I smile as I meet her eyes. "I love you."

She lets out a quiet, breathy giggle. "Are you being serious? Because if you're not, then I'm-"

"With my whole heart, Taegan Jacobs." I say before she can continue.

She smiles. "I love you, too."

She stands there in the doorway before remembering where she was going. She slaps her hand on her forehead.

"Crap, George." She picks up her keys once again.

"Bye love you, Nick!" she calls as she shuts the door.

~ ~ ~

"You okay?" Karl asks.

I jump a little as I'm brought to reality. How long was I sitting there being quiet?

"Yeah, sorry, um bye." I reply back before hanging up.

"George, don't you dare eat my sushi rolls," I call as I rush down to the kitchen.

Clay chuckles as I snatch my container away from both of them.

"These are mine," I say.

"Well you made me think that you didn't even get mine," George sticks his tongue out at me, "so you would deserve it if we ate yours."

"You're an idiot." I stick my tongue right back at him.

George's jaw drops in fake-offense. "No, you're the idiot."

"You're the idiot."

"No, you are."

"I'm not doing this tonight," Clay scoffs, "You're both the idiot."

"Idiots," I say with a smile on my face, "We're idiots, George. Together. Without Dream."

"Oh no," George makes his voice go higher, "Does that hurt your feelings, Dreamie? Are you going to cry?"

Clay rolls his eyes. "I was right. You guys are idiots."

~author's note~

i just want to point something out real quick.. 

this is what nick was thinking when he was quiet in karl's chapter

when the boys were eating sushi karl was having a panic attack

and right after this last part dream and george go upstairs and talk about ghosts

.. you never knows someone's situation so be nice to everyone.. and remember to check up on your friends to make sure they're doing alright

hope you guys have an amazing day <3