LXXVI

Sand fluttered around with no discrete direction in mind as it fell to the ground landing ontop of more sand. A vast land filled with unfamiliar characteristics surrounded the grey-haired woman.

Ember eyes grew into a Persimmon color as the woman looked around. Her head tilted, looking up to see a glowing light almost like a tree vining out like veins as it towered toward the sky, neverending.

"Great. Just where the hell am I now? Don't suppose I took a wrong turn at some point? But I'm pretty sure I would recall seeing this big ass thing before. No better time to go sightseeing apparently." The woman said before easing into the sand below her.

"This isn't what I really had in mind for hell, whoever said that shit needs to get their damn eyes fixed because they must've been blind." The woman droned out dully before reaching up to run her hand through her hair only to stop as the sound of rattling caught her attention.

She glanced down seeing her wrists shackled and chained to the ground. "Huh? Well what do ya know, looks like they got some of their shit right. This is starting to seem more like hell." She droned out to herself as she tried breaking the chains only to sigh finding herself still tied to the ground.

"This isn't heaven nor hell, Lia. And you're not dead. Though I'm curious to know what you consider hell." A voice spoke up from behind her causing her eyes to widen as her head snapped looking at the man standing in front of her.

"Well...seeing that you are here as a dead man...now it is hell. So, you alone or did you bring others to haunt me, as well?" The woman droned out in question as the man chuckled shaking his head as he walked in front of her, sitting down.

"Just me for now. And it's not really haunting...it's more so talking." The man said causing Calliope to raise an eyebrow.

"Right. Because you did so damn well at talking to begin with." The woman pointed out dully causing his head to lower as strands of grey hair covered ember eyes.

"I know. I'm sorry. And I sincerely apologize for that. I may have not been able to tell you back then, but I can now." The man spoke causing Calliope to scoff.

"Is that so? You better start talking then, Calumet. Can't say I have patience, but seeing as I'm quite literally tied down at the moment, it doesn't seem like I'll be leaving anytime soon. So luck's on your side... and with that, let this hell begin." Calliope droned sarcastically.

Calumet chuckled at the woman enjoying her sharp tongued humor. Something he had missed. He had missed her, his little sister. The very same one he gave his life to. He glanced at her before sighing.

"Like I said this is neither hell nor heaven. We are currently in the Paths. That is how you are able to speak with me." Calumet informed.

"Explain. Because while this may not be the first time I'm hearing that word. I'm still utterly confused." Calliope said boredly.

"Ah, right. Bare with me this may seem quite confusing at first. So the Paths is what connects all of us, Subject of Ymirs, together. It's how we are currently able to communicate even though you are living and I am dead. Ymir the original Founder of the Titans wanted a way to keep us all connected. Hence she created this. Something that can be accessed through the coordinate, which is the current Founding Titan. And since four years ago, you as well, Lia." Calumet said causing Calliope's eyebrows to raise as her head tilted in confusion.

"How did Subjects of Ymir even come into existence?" Calliope questioned.

"In order to explain that, let me begin with the original Founder, Ymir. It started two thousand years ago...one nation had reigned above the rest, Eldia. Eldia was under the control of Eldian's King, Karl Fritz. During that time he attacked and ransacked villages. In one particular village a woman by the name of Ymir watched her parents murdered by the Eldians as her village became enslaved to the Eldians. Ymir had found herself as a slave to King Fritz. However after releasing some pigs from a pen, Ymir was set free and hunted as sport. During her escape she sought shelter in a barren tree only to fall into a sinkhole surrounded by mysterious liquid and a spine-like creature that fused with her. It was in that moment, Ymir became the first Titan. Ymir then returned to King Fritz and served under him. As a reward for making Eldia prosper and thrive even reigning victorious against their rival, Marley, she was made a concubine for Fritz and together they had three daughters; Maria, Rose, and Sina. Sound familiar?" Calumet paused as Calliope nodded her head.