LXVIII

"It's called a "gas weapon." The gas contains some of my spinal fluid. Breathing just a slight amount makes Subjects of Ymir freeze up. They can't control their bodies and lose consciousness. On my command, I send the Power of the Titans to the coordinate via Paths. That's why the people of that village obeyed my orders." Zeke explained as Levi glared at the man sitting next to the campfire in the middle of a large forest. The shadows elegantly dancing around the forest floor with each flicker of the flame.

"It's not "that" village. It's Ragako. Don't forget the name of the village you slaughtered, you bearded shit." Levi spat out.

"Well, I didn't want to do it. But if I hadn't, and they found out I was sided with Eldia, I couldn't have brought hope to this island. You know, I told you all this when I landed on the island. Why do you keep asking?" Zeke inquired as Levi glared at the man stoically.

"You don't have a shred of guilt in you and it shows. You may or may not want to save Eldia, but those lives meant nothing to you." Levi spat.

"You can't have been popular. You think you know everyone's feelings." Zeke mocked causing Levi to glance down at the fire.

"I do know. And I was popular enough." Levi commented causing Zeke to wave his arms with exaggeration.

"Well, ain't that great? So? When will Eren and I begin the test?" Zeke questioned.

"It's not up to me. We're waiting for HQ." Levi said dully.

"They may think they have time to spare, but they don't." Zeke informed.

"I'm with you there." Levi stated before a Scout came down.

"Captain Levi!" The Scout called out before moving closer and whispering to the man.

"What? Are you serious?" He questioned in shock.

...

After resolving an altercation at the restaurant between the girl and boy who snuck onto the airship and Nicolo, a new revelation was made shocking everyone at the restaurant.

Mikasa and Armin took Gabi to a different room to help patch up Gabi and lessen the tension while those still in the room held wide eyes in horror.

...

"Zachary was killed?" Levi questioned looking at Varis.

"Yes. The Jaegerists effectively control everything in the walls. We think it's all part of some plan Zeke put together using Yelena and Eren." He informed. 

"And?"

"Soon, the Jaegerists may bring Eren to see Zeke like they've been demanding."

"And Pyxis? Is he letting this happen?" Levi questioned.

"As you know, the commander can be quite stubborn." The man informed.

"He's gonna make sure Eren gets eaten... by our own hands." Levi spat out.

"There's one other thing you should know...Captain Calliope was among the names of the deceased." Another man informed causing Levi's eyes to widen as his jaw went slack from the news.

"What?" Levi gasped out.

"According to Armin Arlert and Mikasa Ackerman, Captain Calliope was present in the room at the time of the explosion." The man informed with a frown.

"What? Did they ID her body?" Levi questioned still processing the news.

"No. There wasn't much anyone could recover due to the intensity of the blast, so there was no body left to ID. And it's unlikely that she was able to get out before the explosion went off." The man informed causing Levi to grit his teeth as he clutched his head.