LIV

The group moved out of the mountain, resumming back on their horses. They moved out as dawn arrived.

Everyone kept their hoods over their heads as they continued to ride. Calliope glanced around giving one last glance at the forest as they moved closer to Shiganshina.

"There could be Titans anywhere, so keep your guard up! This operation has officially begun! All troops, switch to ODM gear! " Erwin shouted.

Calliope glanced at Lars and Kai, "You know what we have to do. Remember what we discussed. Remain aware of your surroundings." Calliope ordered with a stern voice as the two nodded.

"You got it, Cals." Lars said standing up on his horse.

"After you Cap. We'll follow your lead." Kai said as he stood up.

Calliope pulled out her blades as she stood on her horse she hooked on to a wall flying through the hole made where the gate used to stand before flying up to the wall, gracefully.

Kai and Lars landed next to her before they surveyed the land quickly. "Been awhile." Lars stated looking at all the damage from five years ago.

Calliope's eyes narrowed glancing around not seeing any enemies in the decimated and desolate district that has been long abandoned. "They're here. But they're hiding. Let's go, the sooner we get this done the sooner we can get back up on the wall." Calliope ordered jumping down the wall quickly anchoring to it as she moved towards the ground.

Kai and Lars followed before splitting in directions. Calliope walked through the streets of what used to be a lively city filled with kids playing and adults chattering.

The area now filled with an eerie silence only for the sound of Eren transforming took over by the outer gate. Calliope clicked her tongue displeased with the idea that Erwin still continued on with the plan.

"It's too quiet Erwin, even that should be enough of a sign to hold off for you." Calliope muttered out as green smoke shot into the sky.

A gentle breeze swept past her as she closed her eyes for a moment. Her eyes snapped open only to narrow as she glanced at the wall just near where Armin stood.

There you are. Which one are you? The Colassal? No, if he transformed it would risk Eren's safety and they clearly want Eren. Then it must be one of the other ones.

Red smoke shot into the air causing her to glance at Erwin, much to Calliope's relief halting the operation as Scouts started making their way up to the wall.

Calliope remained unfazed as she continued with what she was originally doing. Armin's a smart boy. He'll figure it out...that is if he already hasn't. I'll leave it to him. I have to worry about this.

Calliope exhaled as she moved through the streets before dropping two bags down as the sounds of an acoustic round and shouting could be heard before lightning flew into the sky.

Calliope clicked her tongue as a sharp wind from his transformation blew past her, "And it seems the rat has scurried out of the walls. And close by, how lucky." Calliope mused out heading into the direction of the lightning. Her pace quickened as she pulled out her blades.

Damn it! I was right. I knew there was something off about the forest. I can sense them now, clear as day.

She anchored to the wall before sliding against the ground. She carved her blades against his heels before circling around and slicing into the section behind his knees. The Armored Titan glanced to the side making eye contact with Persimmon eyes that narrowed in a fierce glare before he fell to the ground on his back with a hard thud causing those on the wall to look on with wide eyes seeing the Armored Titan fall with ease.