Chapter 39 - I'm Different Now

Word Count :  2580

"Thank you for taking me." I say bowing. 

Kyo and I had just arrived at Master's where we would be spending the New Years

"Not at all. Thank you for coming, despite the shortcoming on my part." Master responds, bowing as well.

"It feels like you're here to be his wife." Kyo commented.

"What?! No! It's a misunderstanding! I'm just giving a friendly greeting since I'm staying here for New Year's." I explained panicking.

"I know. I was joking." Kyo told me.

"Besides what about Hanajima- '' I started but I stopped when Kyo grabbed my face, which restricted my abilities to talk

"Don't assume that crap!"

"Now allow me to show you to your room." Master said.

It's almost New Year's again. This time I'll be staying with Master and Kyo over the New Year.

---

"Kyo! Look at this! I got a new scarf. Now Tohru and I have matching ones. It even has pompoms!" I smiled, showing him my new craf and doing a few light turns to show him the whole thing.

"You're going to hit someone when you turn around." He commented, taking the milk from the fridge. I quickly span around to cause my scarf to hit Kyo on purpose.

"Oi."

"That reminds me, Yuki-kun, Kyo-kun, what will the two of you be doing for New Year's this year?" Shigure asked one night. New Year's was fast approaching and so was the Sohma banquet.

"I'm thinking I'm going back to the main estate." Yuki replied.

"Oh, dear."

"Just for one night. I plan to return by the night of New year's day." He added.

"What's wrong, Yuki-kun? Hit your head on something?" Shigure questioned.