Chapter 16 - She Said Don't Step On Them

Word Count : 2152

The summer was approaching and the weather was starting to get warmer. The school pool was finally open. Many students were hanging out in the water.

"Man, it totally feels like summer now. In summer you have to go to the pool. This is life." Uotani says. Across the pool some of our classmates that are a part of the Yuki fan club were whispering about something. They soon were screaming because of Hanajima who was just striking part of her head out of the water and her long hair in her face and floating in the water.

"Did you find your hair tie?" Uotnai asks, as Hanajima swims over.

"No, it must have drifted away. It's a shame. Now I can't enjoy the pool."

"All because of a hair tie?" I asked.

"You like the pool, too, huh?"

"Hana-chan! I found an extra hair tie!" Tohru says running over. She was still wearing her middle school bathing suit.

"You went looking for one for me? Thank you, Tohru-kun."

"You're welcome."

"Uo-chan what's the matter?" Tohru says, looking at her friend. Uotani then starts to cry. Tohru was swimming in the water and the rest of us girls were sitting on the side benches. We had decided to take a break from swimming.

"Arisa, you must get used to it." Hanajima tells her. "You see Tohru in her school swimsuit every year."

"Yeah, I know but... They were mandatory in middle school, but we can wear our own now." Uotani explains.

"That's what this is about !" I shout. I didn't think she would cry for a reason like this.

"Isn't it adorable though?"

"I'm not saying that it's unflattering or embarrassing! But it's like.." She pauses thinking how to explain it. "It's like the feeling I get seeing a grandpa and grandma buy convenience store food. They probably think nothing of it, but I can't stand watching them. It's so sad. And I start crying for no reason. The tears just start flowing! Yeah, I actually cry when ringing them up!" SHe says crying once more.

"Arisa, you cry so easily." Hanajima points out and Uotani stops crying.

"Ah, I know!" She gasps.

---

That weekend Uotani and Hanajima stopped by.

"I have a great idea! We're about to shop for Tohru's new swimsuit. I decided it will be a present from all of us. You better be in." Uotani says explaining her idea.

"What? Why are you deciding things for us? And why a sw-swim-" Kyo says, embarrassed by the topic.

"Quit blushing. Don't you all make Tohru do all the housework? Show her some gratitude once and a while" Uotani explains.

"Swimsuit... Nice, I like the sound of that. I love summer." Shigure sighs.

"See, the writer's all in." Uotani points out.

"Ignore the pervert." Kyo tells her

"Well, I'm fine with buying a present. But, why a swimsuit?" Yuki asks.

"Right, you don't know. It's because Tohru-kun still wears her school swimsuit." Hanajima answers. Shigure proceeds to spit out his drink in shock.

"Gross, Shigure!"

"Sorry to keep you waiting-" Tohru says walking into the house. Shigure grabs her by the shoulders.

"Tohru-kun! Please buy one. Please go and buy one!"