Chapter 38 - Something Like Cinderella!

Start from the beginning

"No offence, but that's a pretty lacklustre introduction." Hanajima stated.

"Kind hearted Cinderella, I will grant you one wish tonight." Yuki told her.

"Oh, how lovely. Please burn the ballroom to ashes." She wished.

"That would be a crime. Try again with a kinder, purer wish."

"Pure?" she paused for a moment and thought about it before answering. "I wish to eat yakiniku."

"That's not what I meant."

"Cinderella!" Minami yelled. She walked back onto the stage still dragging Tohru and I with her.

"Oh, no it's my stepmother."

"Surely you've finished the dresses by now!" Minami said. Next to Hanajima a group of three dresses had been placed next to her. One yellow, one pink and the last one in purple. "Oh, you've actually finished them? Did you really make them yourself?"

"Well-"

"Cinderella, you're amazing! These dresses are lovely! You're so talented." Tohru smiled.

"Thank you. I'm glad you like my handmade dresses." Hanajima said, taking all the credit.

"Never mind that. Let us get changed and go." Minami said and once again we were dragged off stage so we could change costumes.

"Good job, Fairy Godmother."

"Dare I ask? Now it's your turn Cinderella. Go ahead. Tell me your wish."

"Yakiniku-"

"Sounds good! You'll head straight to the ball in a pumpkin carriage." Yuki interrupts her before she could answer completely.

"And thus, thanks to the fairy godmother's adherence to the story, Cinderella was able to attend the ball." As the narrator spoke the background changed. Instead of showing the small town it was now showing the inside of a castle. Many people stood around dancing as Uotani and Kyo stood off to the side.

"Wip that pouty look off your face. We're having this shindig just for you. Go find yourself a maiden." Uotani told Kyo. Both of them were dressed as royals and Uotani was playing his friend.

"Find one yourself. I'm not interested."

"It's really no wonder you're still a virgin." She commented.

"You can't just blurt things out like that! Have you no shame?!" Kyo shouted going red at her comment. "You oughta run to the store and buy some dignity!"

"Maybe you should go to the store and buy some gratitude."

"Despite the friendly encouragement from a fellow royal, the prince stubbornly refused to dance." One by one different female students went up to him asking for a dance.

"Prince, will you-"

"No." Kyo refused.

"Prince, please dance-" The next girl asked.

"No." He repeated.

"Be my partner-"

"No! Go find someone else to dance with!"

"Prince, do you-" Tohru tried asking.

"No." I made my way over since Iwas supposed to ask him as well.

"Prince, will you please-"

"I said I won't dance!" He turned and yelled at me. I was a little shocked that he had yelled but played along with it.