𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟕

Start from the beginning

"Coraline is capable of handling herself, you know." Rosalie broke through the silence which made Bree glance their way before diverting her gaze on the television again.

"Please don't talk." Aspen scowls but mostly to herself, knowing that she is too weak and beaten down to listen to another word Rosalie Hale has to say for her.

"Then when am I allowed to talk? In a few years when you've decided to forgive me?"

"Rosalie, my sister is out there without my protection and the Volturi can easily kill her right this very second." She snaps, looking at the blonde in a harshest whisper she could ever do. Bree was certain that if she was still human, she wouldn't hear it from where she sat. "So, please — I promised her that I won't argue with you and it is difficult when your tone suggests we should."

     "I don't want to argue with you, Aspen." Rosalie says firmly, tired from the differences they had and tired from not being able to reciprocate Aspen's feelings because she believes that she loves Emmett.

     "Good. We have an understanding then." Aspen rests easily, the brick on her hand beginning to ring and she looks down to see Coraline's name. Rosalie could see how her eyes lit up with such relief but her lips remain unmoving, firmly placed together in a thin line before she had to stand up to leave. "Hello?" With that, Rosalie slightly looks past her shoulder to watch her leave.

     Rosalie shakes her head, looking down on her hands resting on her lap and in between conflicts that was so difficult to bargain for a side.

     "Bree —"

     "— I didn't hear anything." Bree says, eyes focused on the television where a cooking show begun. The younger had to admit, she missed human food as much as the rest of the immortal world does as well. Rosalie grips on her hands together and sighs, nodding and thankful that she wouldn't be hearing an opinion Bree has for what happened.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

     "You look terrible." Jacob tried to set the situation lighter, seeing the vampires in the room increase numbers than usual and all holds conspicuous looks, each unique and some tried to hide but failed terribly so.

As expected, Charlie is deathly worried that his daughter caught this awful bug that put a pause in Bella's honeymoon. Moreover so that Bella refused to let him see her, knowing her very big belly would be a problem in hiding what's wrong. Especially when it's only been four weeks since she married Edward and now she seems seven months pregnant.

     "Yeah, it's nice to see you, too." Bella replies, relieved to see Jacob here after so long couped up in the Cullen home.

     "So, are you going to tell me what's wrong with you?" Jacob asks carefully, concerned and curious. It's not everyday to see Bella's chosen family so protective. Especially Rosalie who didn't like Bella at all.

     Bella looks up to Rosalie, "Rose, you want to help me up?" Bella removes the blanket away from her fragile figure before accepting Rosalie's helpful hand to stand up. Her shirt was slightly scrunched up, everyone could see her large belly. Aspen and her family glances shortly away, seeing as it was informal to stare and didn't want to make Bella uncomfortable than she already is.

     Jacob had a dark look, turning from Bella then to Edward. "You did this!" He approaches him but Edward didn't move nor talk. Emmett grabs his shoulder roughly, stopping him from coming on further.

     "We didn't know it was even possible." Carlisle says calmly. Jacob pushes away the hand on his shoulder and turns to Carlisle.

     "What is it?" He demands an answer, hopefully one that he could get from any of the 'leeches' he despises so much.

     "I am not sure. Ultrasounds and needles won't penetrate the embryonic sac." Carlisle explains and Bella sits back on the couch with Aspen's help, hands holding her stomach in deep concern for her baby.

     "I can't see it, either." Alice speaks up, dreadful. She then pauses, turning to Bella. "And I can't see Bella's future anymore."

     "We've been researching legends, but there isn't much to go on." Everleigh informs sadly, not being of much help than she intended to do for family. "All that we have that it's strong. It's past human capacity of growing." She adds with Caspian holding her hand.

     "Why haven't you done anything — Take it out of her!" Jacob shouted. His mere words made Bella frown, looks up at him. She honestly expected Jacob to be on her side on this but seemed like she was wrong.

"This is none of your business, dog." Rosalie sneers. The term was already out for a fight brewing and Bree wouldn't know what to do if it begun. Would she participate in a battle that will kill Jacob?

"Rose!" Esme calls authoritatively. Rosalie hesitantly looks at Esme, "All this fighting isn't good for Bella." She states, not only saying it to her daughter but to everyone else who is just afraid and tense.

"The fetus isn't good for Bella." Alice corrects in a sneer, all her frustration and anger of her mate being in danger constantly releasing into words that diverted to Bella's situation.

"Say the word, Alice. Baby." Rosalie snaps her eyes at Alice. "It's just a little baby." Aspen remains silent, listening to the fight and yet agreed with Rosalie. Afterall, what else could it be? A monster seems too surreal anyways.

Jasper steps up, "Possibly." he said. Jacob exhales a heavy breath before turning to Carlisle and Everleigh for help.

"Carlisle, you've got to do something." He pleads almost just is. Jacob did not want to lose Bella, even went as far to risking her to be a vampire for her to live. For him to convince her to love him instead of Edward even though they are married.

"No." Bella finally says, firm and final voice despite the lack of energy in her body. "It's not his decision. It's not any of yours." She said finally, avoiding everyone's gaze.

"Jacob, I need to talk to you." Edward calls quietly before they turn to leave, talking privately just outside the house and Jacob expecting a fight.

Alice has her hands curled on her knees, eyes on the ground her shoes is planted and voiced out constant bickering between Aspen and Emmett. Even though they resented one another, they seem to act like family who are at odds. The person Alice would like to share this information is currently residing in Japan, doing her utmost best to avoid the tracker.

Or in Alice's perspective, risking her life.