Part 44 - Family Time [Christmas Special🎄]

Start from the beginning

Namaari placed her arm around Raya's waist and said, "Yeah, everything is okay dep la."

Raya gave her a smile and then said, "Okay. Oh and speaking of, I was thinking of a family dinner. I mean, the cold is just yelling that this would be a good time. And it's been a while since we've seen them anyways."

"True, I think that's a wonderful idea." replied Namaari.

"And not a moment too soon!" exclaimed Sisu, "Are you forgetting what time of year it is?"

There was a moment of silence and Sisu said, "The year ends in a few days. So to celebrate a new year, all of Kumandra can come together and the dragons can put on a display!"

The couple instantly agreed with Sisu's idea and Raya was instantly ready to begin planning. "I'll begin writing the invitations so that they can be distributed, first to Chief Virana and my Ba about our family dinner and then the new year celebration."

"Wow! It's like you already know exactly what's to be done! My wife is such a genius!" expressed Namaari.

Raya and Sisu laughed at Namaari's expression.

"Well, I get a little excited about events." Said Raya as she rubbed her hands together to stay warm.

"You cold?" asked Namaari.

Raya instantly changed her expression then replied, "No I'm fine."

"She is." laughed Sisu, "Well I'll be visiting again this evening so I can quickly distribute the invitations. You two head back inside your palace and keep warm. I know it's a teensy frigid."

"Thank you Sisu." Said Namaari.

"Of course! I'll see you later!"

Raya and Namaari said goodbye to Sisu then went inside. Raya was happy to feel the warm air from inside the palace. She had been pretty cold. She was enveloped by the events up ahead and went to her office to write the letters of invitation. Namaari followed behind and said playfully, "So, I'm invisible now."

Raya gasped and said, "No dep la, I'm so sorry, I was just thinking about the celebrations."

Namaari chuckled and kissed her lips. "I'm only teasing you sweetie. I know you're excited about it."

"Yeah I really am." 

"Would you like for me to get you anything?"

"Well I do have all I need but thank you."

"Anything for my wife. Well, it's never too cold to get in some training so I'll be heading to the training grounds."

Raya raised a brow and said, "Why?"

"I need to keep fit."

"But- you train almost every day. And since this is 'cuddling' weather, can't we spend the day together?" said Raya, a hint of plea in her voice.

Namaari gave her a weak smile and said, "Sure. I won't take long today. Just 20 minutes. And I bet you'll be pretty busy getting the words to paper."

"Well yeah, that is true. I'll see you soon dep la."

The couple exchanged a tight hug before Namaari left the office. Raya sat around the desk and begun to think of how to begin the invitations.

..............................................................................................
As Namaari predicted, Raya spent quite a while writing all the invitations. Most of the time was spent coming up with the right words but she eventually did. Afterwards, the couple spent most of the day relaxing in their room but Namaari noticed how sad Raya seemed in the midst of their conversation about the new year celebration.