Part 5 - Confessions

"I-- I think I sorta-"

"Raya! Namaari!" exclaimed Sisu. She was swimming in the river and her sudden appearance and outburst startled the princesses.

"Sisu!" said Raya as she breathed heavily.

Sisu giggled and said, "Sorry for scaring you. How are you both doing?"

"I'm alright." said Namaari while she bowed.

Sisu raised an eyebrow and smiled then said, "You know, that is not necessary Namaari."

"Y-yeah but um...I just prefer it." Namaari pushed her hair behind her ear which Raya thought was hot.

"Alright but remember, I'm a friend. The formal stuff is so not needed" said Sisu before  playfully hitting Namaari on the hand with her tail.

Namaari smiled then said, "Oh! I think I need to head back to Heart. I will have to meet with Chief Benja, my mother and some others."

"I already spoke to chief Virana and General Atitaya about Kumandra's future plan." said Raya.

"Oh okay."

"But I think it's about time we do head back. We're here for quite a while"

"Alrighty."

With Sisu tagging along, the princesses went back to the palace. The chiefs of the lands were engaged in a conversation around a table outside the palace. When Chief Benja saw Raya, he smiled, got up and walked towards her then asked, "How was your walk?"

"It was great." replied Raya.

"Great. We're just having a short meeting. Feel free to join us."

Sisu said, "So I guess I'll see you soon?"

"Wait um...I'd like to talk to you first Sisu." said Raya, "Ba, I'll return shortly."

"Okay dewdrop." replied the Chief.

"I'll be here" said Namaari.

"I'll return soon." replied Raya with a smile. She went with Sisu away from the chiefs and Sisu said, "Sooooo what's up?"

"I...I think that I kinda...have a bit of a...crush on Namaari." said Raya hesitantly.

Sisu smirked and said, "Took you a while to figure out huh?"

Raya's eyes widened and in shock she said, "Y-You knew?"

"Yeah. The way you interact with her says it all. I may have been asleep for 500 years but romance isn't something I am new to."

"But--What if I confess to her how I feel? And she doesn't feel the same way?" asked Raya, her voice slightly cracking.

"If I can be honest, I think she does too. Do you wanna admit how you feel to her now?" asked Sisu.

"Yes I really do...but not right now...since we'll have time tonight and she'll be sleeping over, I think I'll tell her then." replied Raya.

"Alright. You got this girl!" said Sisu cheerfully.

Raya smiled at her then said, "I think I need to head back now."

"No problem. I'm going to stay with my brothers and sisters so I will see you tomorrow." Sisu gave Raya a warm, furry hug and then they departed.

She went back to the table and sat beside Namaari who slightly blushed when she approached. This didn't go unnoticed though...something was amiss.

The conversation was mainly about different plans of making Kumandra a better land and how each land can safely expand so no harm is caused to the environment. Namaari decided to tease Raya a bit. She held her hand under the table, slightly caressing it. Namaari slowly circled her thumb in the palm of Raya's hand, causing her to gasp and this too didn't go unnoticed.

After the meeting, everyone separated to have lunch then in the late evening, dinner. They interacted and had fun with persons from the other parts of Kumandra. Raya invited Namaari to spend the night with her which she gladly agreed to. Before leaving with Raya, however, General Atitaya stopped Namaari and bowed.

"Yes?" asked Namaari politely.

"Princess Namaari, your mother said that Chief Benja has a room for you."

"Thank you, but tell her I'll be spending the rest of today with Raya."

The General smiled with a raised brow and said, "Okay."

Afterwards, Namaari left and caught up with Raya who was waiting for her at the base of the staircase.

"Whew...so what are your plans?" asked Namaari.

"I still haven't formulated any just yet but we can talk and stuff..." said Raya. She felt anxious, knowing that she's going to confess her feelings.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
How will Namaari will react when Raya confesses? More soon! Don't forget to leave a vote <3